LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Just installed headers - car is way too loud now

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Just installed headers - car is way too loud now

I helped a friend of mine install headers and duals on his 2000 Z28 B4C and after that he helped me install headers on my 1999 Z28. I still have some issues to work out, like tuning and the Y pipe hitting the floor, but the biggest problem I have is how crazy loud my car is now. I might as well have open headers. It's really that obnoxious. I knew the car would be louder and I don't have a problem with that at all. But, this is absurd. I have Pacesetter headers and off-road Y with SLP's Loudmouth catback with the quad tips. I want to keep the quads, so I'm thinking I need to replace the SLP bullet muffler with something much quiter. In other words, I'm not willing to buy a whole new catback. A friend of mine suggested buying Borla's XR-1 bullet. I'm concerned I won't have room for it though. Maybe I do, I really don't know. But, besides that, the XR-1 is quite expensive and I hate to spend all that money on a muffler that's not going to make much of a difference. So, I'm wondering what you all have to suggest.