LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed not so good

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Texas Speed not so good

Iam leaving some feedback from an international customer or was to be customer of Texas Speed. I had heard great things in Australia and on this site of Texas Speed camshafts. I thought great i will jump online and order one for myself.

The experience hasnt been great at all. Its been over 1 week now and the only reply i get from Texas Speed is nothing. Zach did send me a PM only after me chasing them up to try and get an order for a camhaft moving saying they will be in touch. Endless emails and PMs and nothing from Texas Speed.

Its fair to say this was the 1st time i have tried to deal with a US performance shop and guys here in Australia who have there cams had said good things but it now becomes apparent there not really interested in an overseas customer.

I will think twice before trying to organise another part from a US supplier again. I hope my case is an isolated one for the sake of there business. I guess they have plenty of customers in the states and dont need my business.

I read peoples posts on here saying how good Texas Speed is and i really do wonder now.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Veteran

There are numerous vendors here that ship all over the world with few issues. Not sure what is up with TS, I'll check to see what happened there, they usually are spot on with orders to anyone.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Was a bit angry last night. Probably shouldnt have posted after 10 jim beam and cokes but still the customer service is lacking thats for sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will check with Zach tomorrow morning to see what is going on. We ships parts and engines all over the world, but it certainly requires more care when doing so. I apologize for the lack of communication. We will get this resolved.

Jason
Texas Speed & Performance
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I will check with Zach tomorrow morning to see what is going on. We ships parts and engines all over the world, but it certainly requires more care when doing so. I apologize for the lack of communication. We will get this resolved.

Jason
Thanks for the reply Jason

Mate i have decided to cancel my order. I just cannot proceed with this anymore due to all these delays. 8 to 9 days with no contact from date of order in my opinion is fairly poor.

Jason as you have an online ordering section as a avenue to purchase your product, this is what i used to order the parts i was after. Your company should then have the capable staff to co-ordinate that department effectively, but to have not even had a response from my order after this time is not good at all. Efficient processing of orders is good fundemental business practice and really shows a potential customer the profesional nature in which a company works.

It only takes a small amount of communication to avoid these issues.

As i said i will ask you to cancel my order and have emailed Zach & Brian to make sure it is cancelled.

I was really looking forward to trialling this cam in Aus.

Last edited by blkvzss; 10-30-2006 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

I spoke to Brian this morning and he said he tried to contact you several times through email throughout last week. Being in a day and age where spam mail, spam blockers are in every email it is quite possible that those emails might have been blocked or deleted. It happens to me on a daily basis and it is frustrating but we do work through it. The easiest thing that I can think of is to pick up the phone and give us a call, we answer the phones all day long and are here to serve you, international customer or not there is no descrimination as we ship around the world every day and enjoy dealing with foreign customers. I am sorry for the miscommunication and your dissatisfaction in doing buisness with us and would like to do what it takes to keep you as a customer. If there is anything further that I can do for you just let me know!

Zach
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
I spoke to Brian this morning and he said he tried to contact you several times through email throughout last week. Being in a day and age where spam mail, spam blockers are in every email it is quite possible that those emails might have been blocked or deleted. It happens to me on a daily basis and it is frustrating but we do work through it. The easiest thing that I can think of is to pick up the phone and give us a call, we answer the phones all day long and are here to serve you, international customer or not there is no descrimination as we ship around the world every day and enjoy dealing with foreign customers. I am sorry for the miscommunication and your dissatisfaction in doing buisness with us and would like to do what it takes to keep you as a customer. If there is anything further that I can do for you just let me know!

Zach
Thanks for the reply Zach but there is no chance Brian has tried to email me as i dont have any spam blocking on my emails or junk email bins and i dont delete any emails.

My private email address which is what i gave you guys as a contact recieves about 5 emails a month only and there has been no contact. I think you need to have a word to Brian as hes not telling you something there mate.

You guys also had my contact phone details as well but not once did he call me either. Why should i need to call you guys when you have an online service for ordering. Saves time and money using that service online and if your not going to follow up on that why advertise it on your web site for purchasing products if you dont follow your orders up.

Here you guys are still making excuses and not resolving a thing. Why should i have to contact you to order my cam, i have already done that and have an order confirmation stating so but have not recieved any contact regarding it.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

James,

Here's the copy of the email I sent to you. I pull all the web orders daily(sometimes twice when I have time) and email customers when their order can't ship right away.

Brian

To: <jamesspence@ozemial.com.au>
Subject: TSP Cam Order
Date: Monday, October 23, 2006 9:15 AM

James,

We received your order for the 233/239 cam pkg. We have the cam on order and everything else is in stock. I have checked on shipping with a couple of companies and should here back pretty quick. Shipping USPS is going to be about $117 and will take 4-10 days.

When doing overseas orders, we prefer wire transfers instead of using a credit card. All the info you will need is listed below for the transfer:

Wire to: Bank of New York, New York Swift: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Credit: Plains Capital Bank Lubbock Texas Account #xxxxxxxxxxxx
To Final Credit To: Texas Speed & Performance, Ltd. Customer Account #xxxxxxxxxxxx Address P.O. Box 475 Wolfforth Texas 79382

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Brian
806-866-0734
(806) 866-0734

Last edited by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance; 10-31-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
James,

Here's the copy of the email I sent to you. I pull all the web orders daily(sometimes twice when I have time) and email customers when their order can't ship right away.

Brian

To: <jamesspence@ozemial.com.au>
Subject: TSP Cam Order
Date: Monday, October 23, 2006 9:15 AM

James,

We received your order for the 233/239 cam pkg. We have the cam on order and everything else is in stock. I have checked on shipping with a couple of companies and should here back pretty quick. Shipping USPS is going to be about $117 and will take 4-10 days.

When doing overseas orders, we prefer wire transfers instead of using a credit card. All the info you will need is listed below for the transfer:

Wire to: Bank of New York, New York Swift: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Credit: Plains Capital Bank Lubbock Texas Account #xxxxxxxxxxxx
To Final Credit To: Texas Speed & Performance, Ltd. Customer Account #xxxxxxxxxxxx Address P.O. Box 475 Wolfforth Texas 79382

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Brian
806-866-0734
Mate you have got the spelling wrong on the email address. You should of just hit reply to my emails and you would have had it correct. This email would have also bounced back to you. You should have double checked it again and fixed it up. You had my correct email as you just sent me one cancelling my order and it got to me.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed not so good