LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AZ Power & Sound customer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ Power & Sound customer service

AZ Power & Sound
I would like to inform the board of the service I received from Mike at AZPS. I brought my 2004 GTO to them after Todd sold me on their out of state cam install and I was told my car would make at least 410-420 rwhp. I was also told if i bought a fast 90 intake and a nick williams throttle body look out 430 plus. The snow storm of Feb.2006
I left for my trip after calling Todd to see what the weather was. I was told shorts and tees man!! I should have turned around when I hit NM. it was snowing. I make it to the hotel, long drive from Oklahoma. But guess what no room for me. So I go to the shop find Todd and get a room.Is it the cool room with the all the booze I can drink? No!! I should have left but damn I'm tired and 410-420 rwhp. My ordeal just keeps getting better. I'm suppose to be done and gone Saturday well that didn't workout .They get the cam in and there are 3 cars that need to be tuned. One from Ca. one from AZ and mine from Ok. Well the tuner is pissed because he wants to go home bla,bla,bla. He does a complete performance and drivablitiy tune in less than a hour on my car. I end up less than great numbers 389/ 340. They really don't even want to talk to me. When I left Oklahoma I had 349/346 .
The guys are so tired and I've got to head back to Ok. plus my room is gone so I end up crashing on Mikes couch . I have to wake Todd up in the morning so I can get my car and leave.
I make it back to Oklahoma by the skin of my teeth. The car will just not run.
I take it to my local guys at Extreme Performance . It takes them a full week to get the tune corrected. The car puts down 404/386
Now to Mikes credit he did refund my money back on the driveability tune.I was also told Todd had been fired. Ok. Not great but ok.
My car does not get driven much and it gets beat on even less .I'm a 47year old retired Chief Petty Officer. I never had **** when I was a kid so the car is my retirement present to myself. It gets babied
Well after driving the less than 3500 miles the cam just had a lobe fall off and trashed my motor. The builder took pictures and said it had turned a lifter when installed and the lobe ran on the lifter until it failed. Good thing I was at a stop sign when it came apart.
Yes I called Mike. I called AZPS.Is he returning my phone calls? No!! I've waited 5 weeks for your call Mike whats up!!!!
I've tried to be a good sport about all this but with having to pay for a new rotating assemblie and all the money spent on the trip and install
What the F@#$$%%^!!!!!! Mike!!! I'm out over 8,880.00

damn...

First off, I havent received a single email or PM about this issue.
Second, Todd was fired for a reason and thats why not only did I extend the courtesy of putting you up in my own house instead of telling you too bad, but I also refunded your tune money because of the lack of organization on our part. If you did leave a message for me, I appologize for not getting back to you as I am out and about most of the time taking care of things.

As far as the lifter turning sideways, that isnt possible because the windage trays hold the lifters in a certain position. If it is a defective camshaft, I will call Comp and see what they will do about getting you another camshaft. These cams in the engine are pretty indestructable so I question what really happened to the engine to cause this... possibly a broken valvespring or rocker issue? Could have also been an over rev. Again I havent received anything personally in my email or PM box, so you are welcome to contact me by either, or I will be back in town Monday. You can also talk to our manager, Chad, if I am not available.
Please do not post non-sponsor contact info.

responce
First of all it is too possible. The lifter trays work about half the time. The guy building my motor has been doing it for 31 years. I have pictures and a video of the whole process being done. Its was not over RPMed Your private posts to me are comical at best. If I thought you were going to do anything about this after 5 weeks,,damn well you get the point. As far as not posting to you on this forum or sending emails ,,,why!!! I want to talk to you. Not play little kid games like we are right now.
Customers do you think if yo ave a problem and I mean any problem you should have to chase this guy?
Your responce is what I expected. If you were going to handle this like a pro it would have already been taken care of.
I'm in the bussiness. I own and operate Advantage Transmissions. If anything like this happens I smile tell the customer sorry and fix it on the spot or refund their money. You know what I hate it too. I hate refunding money or paying my tech that f!@#$% it up in the first place again. But I do it. The cool thing about that is I get more bussiness from the customer. I also understand that things just break so as far as your tactic of blaming me for abusing my car well how that about how I expected you to respond. Stay tuned for more on AZPS customer service.

Last edited by CRAGER; 11-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.