LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

SDPC, kinda disappointing....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SDPC, kinda disappointing....

I have ordered several things from SDPC, from a crate motor a few years ago to some gaskets and bolts a few months back, and never had a problem, until last week. I, in response to a "inventory reduction" post in the classifieds, ordered some Kooks headers and x-pipe for my 2006 Corvette. When I got the boxes, both of them had been opened and retaped (the staples were all pulled out) but I didn't think anything about it. When I was speaking to my installer, he informed me that I was missing some O2 extensions. I searched through both boxes, and there were no extensions. Appointment changed, I'll have to get them and reschedule. I thought it was simply a misunderstanding, and that SDPC would make it right. Despite George @ Kooks saying they were supposed to be in the box, and three other sponsors saying the same thing, they (SDPC) maintain that they are not included, and that they are out of them anyways.

So, now I'm scrambling to find some extensions, and it looks like I'm going to have to spend $100+ shipping to get the set from Kooks (who has been great in helping me out btw). Not a huge deal, just kinda sucks. Guess I'll not buy from an "inventory reduction" type of sale again.

On a positive note, their prices were great and the shipping was FAST.

Shawn
Old 11-21-2006, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
I have ordered several things from SDPC, from a crate motor a few years ago to some gaskets and bolts a few months back, and never had a problem, until last week. I, in response to a "inventory reduction" post in the classifieds, ordered some Kooks headers and x-pipe for my 2006 Corvette. When I got the boxes, both of them had been opened and retaped (the staples were all pulled out) but I didn't think anything about it. When I was speaking to my installer, he informed me that I was missing some O2 extensions. I searched through both boxes, and there were no extensions. Appointment changed, I'll have to get them and reschedule. I thought it was simply a misunderstanding, and that SDPC would make it right. Despite George @ Kooks saying they were supposed to be in the box, and three other sponsors saying the same thing, they (SDPC) maintain that they are not included, and that they are out of them anyways.

So, now I'm scrambling to find some extensions, and it looks like I'm going to have to spend $100+ shipping to get the set from Kooks (who has been great in helping me out btw). Not a huge deal, just kinda sucks. Guess I'll not buy from an "inventory reduction" type of sale again.

On a positive note, their prices were great and the shipping was FAST.

Shawn

Shawn,

I am not the one that you talked to about this but I can explain the situation. The ones that you bought were old stock that didn't come with the extensions. George neglected to tell you that they just started including them with the header a couple of months ago. Yes, when you buy them now, at full price, they come with the extensions. We did post the new part number by mistake that has the EX at the end so if you will get with me I will get Kooks to send you some extensions at no charge.

Brian
Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent...

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 11-21-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

I appreciate how this was handled by both parties in this forum.

Shawn, it is good to see a speedy response from Brian at SPDC with an offer to make things right as you should have been informed what would and would not be included in that type of sale. The devil is always in the details.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Restricted User

We've bought sets that havent had them as well. The newer sets do include them now...