LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

MTI: ISSUE BEING ADDRESSED ASAP IF THEY HAD ANY PART OF ORDERING PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mti: Issue Being Addressed Asap If They Had Any Part Of Ordering Problem

*edit*

I've got some of my money back, but I'm still trying to find the guy who stole my money.

Thanks for the help David!

Last edited by Ray455; 01-11-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Badass pool player

Please give me a call at the shop so we can discuss and help you out with this. We've never had an issue with our website before so I'd like to become aware of how this happened and see if we can help catch this scumbag.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX - (281) 870-8787
Old 01-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Will do, thanks for the quick response.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

How do you know if it was MTI's website, or if you had a key tracker virus on your own computer? I helped set up their secure Cart32 site a few years ago, they have an excellent reputation on security. Have you used the card anywhere else in the last few months?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

In my haste I put MTI's site to blame, and I am sorry I came off that way, because it may very well be that my computer was hacked. I'm just trying to figure out where exactly this all stemmed from, be it a failure on my end, or whether it was, in fact, a breach of security.

Better to find out if there was a security breach and deal with it now, then to let it happen again, right?

I'm sure you can understand why I'm angry, some jerk got off with my hard-earned money!

But I did receive a call from someone who presented themselves as a representative from Motorsport Technologies Inc. who needed to verify my purchase. How they knew what I ordered, my full name, billing address, cost, CC#, what car I drove etc. is unknown to me, which is why I am letting the reps at MTI know just in case.

Live and learn I guess, no hard feelings guys.

Last edited by Ray455; 01-09-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

When monitoring packets to/from my computer to the site, and to the order form, I don't see anything strange.

Which leads me to wonder if this maybe was a one time occurrence, as I don't see any strange packets being sent when my computer is idle, or even while browsing. I'll keep monitoring my end, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

I guess CISCO was good for something after all

Any info yet David?

Just thought I'd let you all know how the search is going.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Your computer may not be as secure as you think - if you have put any mention of your car in a sig line or online showcase, *anyone* could have the information to what kind of car it was and "mods coming soon" list.

Considering there is no way to tell where the information was obtained so a gamer can slay +10 level Zombies it will take more than 2 hours for any company to find out if there was a breech, this thread should have NO more activity until the buyer and Sponsor can figure out what happened.

Thank you.