LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

RESOLVED 1.22.07 TSP screwed me

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post RESOLVED 1.22.07 TSP screwed me

Never had anything but good service from these guys but I ordered a motor on monday (408ci) and told them I needed it asap paid a good sized shipping to get it here with ARP studs, and all and it got here on fri looked great then returned the rental car and started work to get the engine swapped as I could no longer afford a rental and figured everything was taken care of.

But as I went to get the new motor ready and install my new AFR heads for some reason couldnt get the studs to work with the heads they stuck up about 4 inches too high. Tried my old bolts no go and then got the # off the block and searched it on the internet and found it was an LQ4 not the LQ9 which they had sent me the bolts for and what I was told I was getting. The LQ4 takes a completely different shorter bolt which I didnt have, all dealerships were closed, of course TSP is closed, and their voicemail is full probably with other people complaining about their LQ4 when it should have been an LQ9 and I am screwed with no car and no way to resolve anything till Mon which is when my car should have been already on the road cause I had to go out of town for work and now since I already gave back my rental cant do anything but miss work and still without my car. I AM PISSED!!!!! Ow an not to mention I was told that the bolt would be drilled and tapped for the alt cause the bolt that goes in that location needs to be done and its not and they told me they would be sending me spacers for the windage tray which are not there either so I am sorry but not in a good mood at all and cant even get a hold of anyone in case of a situation like this.

Last edited by bandit1; 01-21-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I can shift faster than you.

LQ4/LQ9/LS6, etc.. it doesn't matter. All 2004+ blocks use all the shorter style bolts.

The LQ4/LQ9 share the same block anyways.

Sorry to hear about the problem. The guys at TSP are great people. Just give them the chance to take care of this.

Sounds like you are going to have one heck of a setup!

Jason
Old 01-20-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

The year of the block makes the difference here. Sounds like an honest mistake. I know you would expect it to be all good, but you really have to plan for delays when swapping engines, anything can happen. Hopefully TSP will square you away quickly.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

TSP has always been good to me but I know mistakes can happen. Also should have kept the rental car until you had your car up and running.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

As it has been said above the reason for difference in the years. The only difference between the LQ4/9 Is the use of dished and flat top pistons for different compression ratios between the 2. Im sure TSP will take care of you, they are a damn good company.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

TSP are some great guys. problems do happen, unfortunatly you pulled the short straw. they will take care of ya, i hope that beast gets up and running soon.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 AM
11 Second Club

I agree that probs happen but if you are the ones that built the motor shouldnt you know to send the right studs with it? and I understand that probs happen but this was not something I needed right now after working all night to get the motor out I was EXTREMELY tired and had only gotten 45 mins of sleep so I was way cranky to begin with last night. I know TSP is a good company I have had nothing but good experiences with em until now. But I did get some good luck I had a local guy find me some factory LQ4 bolts new (thanks Jason you da man) so i got it assembled and will go to lowes and get some washers to use to space the windage tray and hopefully get this thing in today and running. Hopefully they will take care of me and keep my buisness and show me they are a company that cares. Like I said up top I had to get rid of the rental cause I couldnt afford it any longer especially after forking out the money I did for the heads and engine this week OUCH!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Veteran

I am sure as soon as they see this they will get to you, could you please post your name or order number so it can be addressed as soon as possible?

It is always better to err on the side of caution: do not start building until you have all parts and do not leave yourself with no other means of transportation until it is up and running. There are 20 other things that can still go wrong after you are done with it, always have a back up plan.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

I am being patient and sorry for sounding so negative i was tired and cranky as I said and it bothered me that there was no way to reach them and tell them my problems, being a buisness owner myself well at least a partner in one I always make sure my customers can reach me at any time of the day just in case of an emergency. I just was shocked that even though I tried I couldne even leave a message which was pretty shocking.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

I understand that frustration though it would be difficult to keep costs down if they had to pay someone to be on call, even if it rotated between employees.

Jon was notified there is an issue to address. It still would be helpful if you posted a name (last is okay) and state or order number so he can look it up faster.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

order #16439 chris. Like i said im getting things going again but its just the fact that I prepared for pretty much anything I could think of and thought it was all covered and so far the only thing that has been a problem has been something that should have been taken care of by TSP other then that I have had no issues. I had prepared for most mishaps I had assumed but thats what I get for assuming haha. If I had time I would wait but have to have the car going would rather have not used factory bolts but ow well they held up fine on my last app and washers should be pretty easy to find at the hardware store i hope haha. I bought a tap an die set so that should be good too.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, I apologize that you recieved the wrong head bolts. I'm sure it was an honest mistake on our part and not an attempt to screw you. We are human and make mistakes from time to time. I will pull up your order on monday and get this straightened out. Just for future reference, shoot me a PM if you can't get ahold of us during regular business hours if you have a question or problem. I'm usually on the site over the weekend and I will see a PM before I find a thread such as this.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

thanks John and like I said I was extremely tired and very sick and everything when I got home. I can no longer use the studs as I have already gotten a set of LQ4 bolts and the engine is assembled I also went and bought some grade 8 washers and used them for the windage tray to get the proper clearance.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sending UPS to pick up Studs and refunding on arrival back to us. RESOLVED!