LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Alarm issue that gm wont touch

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm issue that gm wont touch

Hi

My 07 GXP seems to have a issue. Mainly when the alarm is set(though factory alarms suck) I can set the alarm open my door(simulating it with the window rolled down). Horn starts going off but then you can pop my trunk and a thief could pretty much take what he wants. I have contacted GM ( Dont have a pontiac dealer near me ) through my dealer and they said its supposed to be like that.

Is there anyway I could disable that trunk pop inside my car. Cause i was told if i unplug the trunk popper(in the trunk my cruise control will stop working???)
Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SigmaX6
Hi

My 07 GXP seems to have a issue. Mainly when the alarm is set(though factory alarms suck) I can set the alarm open my door(simulating it with the window rolled down). Horn starts going off but then you can pop my trunk and a thief could pretty much take what he wants. I have contacted GM ( Dont have a pontiac dealer near me ) through my dealer and they said its supposed to be like that.

Is there anyway I could disable that trunk pop inside my car. Cause i was told if i unplug the trunk popper(in the trunk my cruise control will stop working???)
I've taken my dash apart and you can pop that part out and just snip the wire and just rewire it if you want it to work again. Not sure if this will effect the trunk pop from the keyfob.. i am a little concerned that you can pop the trunk so easily but havn't really put much more thought into it
Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

move away from the ghetto.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't see how that would be tied together but GM has done some real stupid things before.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hi

So let me get this straight. Your process is:

1. Have the window down.
2. Reach in through the driver's side window and hit the unlock button and hold it till the trunk pops.
3. Complain a thief could do this and then steal **** from your trunk.

Now lets say the alarm disabled the trunk release so we get this.
1. Have the window down.
2. Reach in through the driver's side window and hit the unlock button, hold it. The trunk doesn't pop.
3. I as a thief reach back and pull the door handle on the rear driver side door. Door handles always have to open when pulled from the inside so that anyone trapped inside can get out.
4. With the rear door now open I pull down the 60/40 fold down seats and help myself to anything in your trunk.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

naw i bet he has a steel plate box in there just in case he runs over a land mine. gas tank might explode but the stuff in the trunk would be safe...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

get the Trunk Monkey!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/geynA-JYDHE

aaaahahahahaaa!!!

here's the rest of 'em... http://www.trunkmonkey.com/

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Teching In

yeah i think regardless if your alarm disables the trunk pop if your windows are down anyone can get in your car let alone your trunk, i would be more worried about them stealing/vandalizing the insides of my car than them knowing how to hold the lock and pop my trunk, :imo i would roll my windows up when im parking

Last edited by 90Accord; 12-10-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

look man bottom line is if somebody wants your car or something in your trunk they WILL get it no matter what u do , no car is bulletproof
Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigalnash
no car is bulletproof
Wrong

http://www.texasarmoring.com/armored...e_gallery.html
Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

now i want an armored hummer
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Either they push the button or just open the back seat. . .what's the difference. . .. .
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Launching!

lol i have removed the ability to get outta the trunk. Removed the two straps that allow you to pull the seats down. so basically im trying to get the fob so it can only pop the trunk. Im basically looking for any wire i could just snip. but i was told by gm that any monkeying with the elctrical can disable your cruise control..which i didnt believe until i unplugged my trunk popper and the cruise stopped working lmao
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why? are you really in that bad of an area? So the General didn't think about a thief smashing your window only to hit the truck release button to steal your ******* spare tire! Oh wait you have a GXP? no spare? Who ******* cares, by that time, I'm already past my deductible anyways, take what ever, better yet, take the whole ******* car, put it on a hook and be done with it. Hopefully I won't ever see it again!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by LS4SPEED; 12-12-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i have removed the ability to get outta the trunk. Removed the two straps that allow you to pull the seats down. so basically im trying to get the fob so it can only pop the trunk. Im basically looking for any wire i could just snip. but i was told by gm that any monkeying with the elctrical can disable your cruise control..which i didnt believe until i unplugged my trunk popper and the cruise stopped working lmao
The module just pops out i told you already. Pop it out look at the back and snip one of the wires that goes into the trunk button. If it ***** something up re-wire it ? big deal. As for someone making the comment you have to be able to open the door by pulling the handle my car does not do this i have to unlock my doors before i get out "06MCSS" i'm ganna guess most people don't notice is because when you put the car in park the doors unlock either that or my **** is broke.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
get the Trunk Monkey!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/geynA-JYDHE

aaaahahahahaaa!!!

here's the rest of 'em... http://www.trunkmonkey.com/
Or get one of these.....
Stick Death Auto Security Sytems

The fourth system shown seems like it would work the best at addressing concerns about people reaching in through open windows.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sint3k
As for someone making the comment you have to be able to open the door by pulling the handle my car does not do this i have to unlock my doors before i get out "06MCSS" i'm ganna guess most people don't notice is because when you put the car in park the doors unlock either that or my **** is broke.
What I meant was once someone has physical access to the inside handle and lock there is no way you can keep them from opening the door. They can either use the unlock button or just pull the soldier up. Obviousily they have to unlock it first.