LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Ouch.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ouch.

Well as you can see my baby was smashed up today. I was going through an intersection and some one pulled out in front of me, tried to swerve but couldn't get out of the way. After all the problems I have had with the car and chevy I have to say thank you to them for building such a strong car taking that kind of impact. Every one came out with no serious injuries, thank god.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

THATS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Glad to hear everyone is ok. W bodys old and new are pretty good for a strong hit. I've walked away from them myself. I guess the side air bag went off?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Carlo
THATS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Glad to hear everyone is ok. W bodys old and new are pretty good for a strong hit. I've walked away from them myself. I guess the side air bag went off?
Nope, which I thought was kinda weird...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Cub....I crunched my car up too. this sucks. no car for 9 days now. I'll hit you up with the story in person--it sucks.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow. i saw one on ebay for 10k with like 70k miles. i thought that was kinda low.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330294095713
prolly about as much as its gunna cost to repair your damage. thats sad.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the car, but at least everybody's OK.

Let me guess... they don't have insurance??
Old 12-21-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Chief,
Sorry about the SS but glad everyone's ok.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Thanks every body. Yes the had insurance! Unlike the last time my car got totalled.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was T-boned on my passenger side and the side airbag did not go off but no one was in it so it said disabled i guess that includes the side airbag
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

wouldnt suprise me if the bcm didnt work properly to set it off... did you get injured? get the air bag system tested and lawyer this baby up lol.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

glad no one was hurt.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neilownz
wouldnt suprise me if the bcm didnt work properly to set it off... did you get injured? get the air bag system tested and lawyer this baby up lol.
No luckily nothing major happened to me and no one else. Just some whip lash. Do you guys think the side impact bags should have gone off where he hit? I thought the shouldn't have gone off because he hit so far back. Hmmm
Old 12-22-2008, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

What a bummer
Old 12-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

my sister backed into mine this morning. no where near as bad as that but it sucks none the less. dropped it off at my body shop today and hopefully i'll have it back by the time classes start back up. thank goodness you weren't hurt, looks like a hell of an impact.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good your ok, but its fixable all day long, new 1/4, new wheel, tire, complete left rear knee assembly, new door, all the r&i work, repair outer wheel house, its not bad

now it also depends on the insurance companies invovled here please due tell
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bdyman
good your ok, but its fixable all day long, new 1/4, new wheel, tire, complete left rear knee assembly, new door, all the r&i work, repair outer wheel house, its not bad

now it also depends on the insurance companies invovled here please due tell
Well already we are having some arguing going on. They are saying I could be also at fault cause I could have "been" speeding. But this is coming from the kid who hit me. Going to be a fun process.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Question guys... does our cars have a black box?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChefChub
No luckily nothing major happened to me and no one else. Just some whip lash. Do you guys think the side impact bags should have gone off where he hit? I thought the shouldn't have gone off because he hit so far back. Hmmm
yup, it was to far back and by the time any force reached the door it was most likely minimal
Old 12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefChub
Well already we are having some arguing going on. They are saying I could be also at fault cause I could have "been" speeding. But this is coming from the kid who hit me. Going to be a fun process.
Insurance kinda did the same thing to me i was T-boned at a interesection sence both partys said they where not at fault and no witness's it had to go to a comittee who looked over the facts and police report. So i had to force over the deductable but finally got my money back 5 months later.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Insurance kinda did the same thing to me i was T-boned at a interesection sence both partys said they where not at fault and no witness's it had to go to a comittee who looked over the facts and police report. So i had to force over the deductable but finally got my money back 5 months later.
But listen, I work for a police department and we do police reports and if insurance wants to talk ****, throw that(report) in their face! You have to be strict with these stingy fruckers! Now if you were on private property, it would be a little more challenging, but I don't think this is the case, surveying your images up here, unless they were the one flying like a bat out of hell through private properties. So I think its nothing to worry about there. I see accidents allllll the time here in ATL. And officers would come and assist the situation. Your situation, like most other accidents are very basic, if someone pulled out in front of you,...its their fault. Simple and plain their insurance pays you. (They should have yeilded anyway!) If someone rear ended you its thier fault. It doesn't matter who was traveling too fast or too slow!! We (Police Department) know this, this is why Police Officers can ticket you for not yeilding at a stop sign! Our reports are very basic. Only when your tooken to court is where the doors open for specific points in accidents......
Oh yeah,...good to hear that you are all okay

Last edited by 07carlocrusader; 12-23-2008 at 04:26 AM.