LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

haven't posted in a while

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default haven't posted in a while

I haven't posted in a while or even been on the site in some time but it seems the LS4 section just seems to be a general bitch session about the problems everybody is having with their vehicles. I have had my Impala since 11-06 and have 25,xxx miles and have had no problems whatsoever other than going through the stock tires and a bent wheel from living in pothole hell. Am I just lucky, or do I have another thing coming when the warranty runs out??? Just curious............
Old 12-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt say it is a bitch section at all...this is one of the best forums I have been on...everyone is straight forward, no bs.....!!!! Of course you will get some people venting or asking how to fix things...i mean if everything is going great and you are not doing any mods at the time...there is not much to post...right?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not trying to bash in any way, it just seems to me that alot of these cars are breaking, and thankfully mine has not.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Some cars have problems some don't. You still have low miles like mine when you get higher
mileage well see.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by npd4432
I haven't posted in a while or even been on the site in some time but it seems the LS4 section just seems to be a general bitch session about the problems everybody is having with their vehicles. I have had my Impala since 11-06 and have 25,xxx miles and have had no problems whatsoever other than going through the stock tires and a bent wheel from living in pothole hell. Am I just lucky, or do I have another thing coming when the warranty runs out??? Just curious............
Thank you very much. I'm glad i'm not the only person thats tired of hearing the whinning, you guys are scaring everyone away lol, most cars break now and then just don't post about every damn thing.

Last edited by StealthV8; 12-23-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stealth V8, you remind me of myself, up a 4 in the morning like no body's business!! LOL!! I decided to take it into liberty and show up here at work! (11-7) OT. Especially around the holidays, Downtown Atlanta needs enforcement!

Just took these a couple of secs ago so bored here at work, but thats a good thing! For Liability reason I am not able to show you guys the particular Police Department. Chief would have my head:

now these "ahem" (company) cars break down like hell!! but for certain reasons!

2003 Imapala 3.8
It has been through more hell than the Devil! And it is the slowest of the bunch. Some police complain and whine about the car problems. Others like me just laugh!
I mean **** happens,.......ya fix it!

here we have a couple of 08 LT Impalas with Police Interceptors. pretty darn quick!
We have a couple of Crown Vics with Police Interceptors as well. They are hanging right with the LT so far as speed.

Now the unmarked older Crown Vic, its very powerful and fast. It equipped with police interceptor and it will absolutely fly!! This is a beast....rarely break downs I guess its Ford Tuff.

And you might ask whats the point of all this,....cause I'm bored,...

Last edited by 07carlocrusader; 12-23-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

How soon they forget....It is a sad state of affairs when a P71 is considered to be fast. They are dog slow, doubt they will crack 8 seconds to 60MPH even before they are loaded up with equipment. The last police car worth a damn was the 94-96 9c1. Now, to the OP, how many LS4 variants has GM pumped out since 2005? Let's guestimate around 200000 units. Doesn't seem to me that we are hearing that 'a lot' of them are breaking down. For my '06 ISS, I am in for one new sunroof assembly, one power steering hose, and a replacement of my remote start/tire pressure sensor system. I am around 54K or so.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL what do you mean "Crown Vics with police interceptors and Impalas with police interceptors"? Interceptor is the actual name of the Ford police packaged Crown Vic the same way the Impala police spec cars are 9C1's(not LT's). You're making it sound like there is a police interceptor motor. The 9C1 is using the same 3.9L V6(with the exception of using the LS4 radiator and stuff) other Impala's use the same way the 00-05 9C1's used the basic 3800. And the Crown Vics were just using the 4.6 V8 I believe. Also usually have a little different suspension, but motor wise there's no higher powered motors or anything used that aren't used in the civilian cars.

Last edited by 20SS07; 12-23-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Stealth V8, you remind me of myself, up a 4 in the morning like no body's business!! LOL!! I decided to take it into liberty and show up here at work! (11-7) OT. Especially around the holidays, Downtown Atlanta needs enforcement!
Naw i just work the evening shift. 3:30pm to 2 am (sometimes later if there is a rush job). I live an hour away so i get home at 3 am and i'm usually up till 6 am with nothing to do lol.
Speaking of Crown Vic intererceptors one of the cab companies around here buys all the old ones from the local police department to use as cabs. I had a race with one in the gp and it was not very pretty at all lol.
I've also been told that's just a suspension package in those cars but i don't know.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthV8
I've also been told that's just a suspension package in those cars but i don't know.
Yea, whether it's the Interceptor or the 9C1 or whatever there seems to be a misconception among alot of people that police cars have "souped up" engines or something when in reality they don't have any different engines than their civilian counterparts.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When it comes down to it they don't need big giant insane engines. ITs easyer to keep up with a running vechicle then to do the running. The only thing that it would not keep up with is a crotch rucket due to its mobiltiy and insane acceleration but even then you can't escape the helicopter or the radio. But in europe they don't have the resources we have and tons of people there make videios running from the police on motorcycles
Old 12-24-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sint3k
When it comes down to it they don't need big giant insane engines. ITs easyer to keep up with a running vechicle then to do the running. The only thing that it would not keep up with is a crotch rucket due to its mobiltiy and insane acceleration but even then you can't escape the helicopter or the radio. But in europe they don't have the resources we have and tons of people there make videios running from the police on motorcycles
then why do they have cars like this? if they don't need big engines.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

because they were free on drug dealer raids...
Old 12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by neilownz
because they were free on drug dealer raids...
Yup, or they just have them for PR purposes. Not like they will have a full fleet of Z06's. Then again a few years back they did use Camaro's so I guess that's an exception to the rule and had the 5.0 fox body Mustangs(although in todays standards they're not really fast) back in the early 90's. They do have the Hemi Chargers but it's not like they're really necessary. As mentioned you're not gonna outrun a helicopter or set of spike strips.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I thought that the motors and transmission tuned abit (crown vics)