LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Well wont have the car for awhile (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well wont have the car for awhile (pics)

The Wife and i were at a friends house hanging out. We parked the gxp on the street legally when we herd a boom i looked outside and there was a red crown vic with a 84 year old driver out side i looked further down the road and there was my car all crumpled up it didnt hurt the borlas under neith thank god, it did bend one of the pipes. It sucks you can see for yourself i have a few ?

1. does this void my warranty know that its been in a wreck
2. do you think its totaled
3. do you think the shop will fix the exhaust even though its not factory

Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

man, those damn old ppl.. sorry to hear about that.. from looking at it, if the frame is not bend, they can replace many of those panels for you.. i would doubt it void your warrenty b/c its not ur fault.. as for the borla, i dont know.. if one part of the pipe is bend and the rest is fine, im sure they just replace that one piece by welding another piece on..
Old 01-18-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not totalled
Ins. Will pay for exhaust repairs, will want a recepit tho
Warranty will still be active
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry man!

Everything on my car was repaired / replaced except the doors, roof and glass - not totaled. Sucks that it happened but they will fix it.

My Mom's car was hit in the same manner.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Agreed they will fix everything.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your accident. As I recall, you were going to put a file up with how the Borla's sounded, but I never saw it. Any chance you have a link handy (I searched and did not find it)

anyway, I assume it will all be fixed up in a few weeks, I am going to be down that way for Mardi Gras, any chance of me hearing it in person? My buddy lives in Sunset Hills, but I come in from the East right down 44
Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch, that sucks man. Good luck getting her fixed.

On a side note, do you have an exhaust sound clip? I've always wondered what Borla's would sound like.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man o man.....I am starting to think that ls4 vehicles are subconsciously the target for theft, vandalism, and old people.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry hear about your Gxp. I just got mine back this past Friday after being in the shop for 40 days and $9000 worth of damage. I had custom tail lights on mine that I thought ins wasn't going to pay for that was damaged but they paid for them with no problem. So I think they'll pay for your pipes!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh snap thats a big ouchie....and I think your passenger side tip is on the wrong side.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Sorry to hear about your accident. As I recall, you were going to put a file up with how the Borla's sounded, but I never saw it. Any chance you have a link handy (I searched and did not find it)

anyway, I assume it will all be fixed up in a few weeks, I am going to be down that way for Mardi Gras, any chance of me hearing it in person? My buddy lives in Sunset Hills, but I come in from the East right down 44
Anytime man, ive been meaning to get a sond clip of the borlas i think im the only one with borlas that i know of. It diff has a very distintcive sound that only a borla can give thats what you pay for $$$$$$$ thanks guys for your comments and concerns im just glad nobody got hurt
Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Launching!

Sorry to see that man! Better watch out guys looks like every one is out to hit us ls4's! That is now the 5th one this month now?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mp4life23
Anytime man, ive been meaning to get a sond clip of the borlas i think im the only one with borlas that i know of. It diff has a very distintcive sound that only a borla can give thats what you pay for $$$$$$$ thanks guys for your comments and concerns im just glad nobody got hurt

I have a set of mufflers I got from Heartthrob in Minn. installed. Only one running them afaIk. Nice idle, under load, and dead silent at cruise. I will be there on 2/20 (starting in Sauget, at Penthouse Club/Diamonds or PT's for lunch), will drop you a PM closer to then to see if a meeting can work out.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pro_performer
Man o man.....I am starting to think that ls4 vehicles are subconsciously the target for theft, vandalism, and old people.
The other night i was coming home with my friedn in his car, mine was in the driveway. when we pulled up he was lookin down or somethin. meanwhile i see a hooded figure run through my yard so i chase after him (later i will regret this). I chase him for about a block until finally he gives up, luckliy im in pretty good shape lol. so he starts freaking and was like i didnt steal anything i didnt steal anything. But i was like give me all the **** u have in ur back pack or i will beat the **** out of you, by this time i had about 3 of my football buddies with me that were in the car. we called the cops etc. But about a week later the same cop came to our door and told me that i was very lucky becasue the lastn time this kid got caught he had a gun with him... Gun or not STAY THE **** AWAY FROM MY BABY!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

iIjust dropped off the car they said they would take good car of it i gave them the web sites where i got all the exhaust stuff so it should be all right
Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Launching!

I got ran off the road by an old lady in a lincoln, got a new set of wheels out of the deal, no body damage but it did ruin 3 wheel bearings and throw off my alignment. It seems like alot of wrecks have been happening around my car lately. Just last night my honda got hit while parked in the street
Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if it has to do with the time of year?? (tax returns) All of things happen alot around this time of the year.This is very wierd!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

fiberglass dumdumdum
Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well the frame rail might be swayed down and crunhed in, the 1/4 is fucked it probably even took the inner and outer wheel house, its not toaled we can fix it, what kind of insurance do you have

then i can give you more info
Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader
I wonder if it has to do with the time of year?? (tax returns) All of things happen alot around this time of the year.This is very wierd!
I'm getting a tax return "IOU" lovely .