LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2005 GXP cars read this Superchips has made support for our cars (getting test file)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 GXP Superchips support in 2 weeks

I have been dealing with Superchips for maybe 2 to 3 weeks. I became an out of state beta tester. Bob has been great to deal with and I believe I spoke to another lead in the company by the name of Al (who said he would do his best to help me). I spoke with Bob last week about my car and already they have setup a file to support the 05 cars (took less than a week Diablosport take note!!!). If this works, I'm hoping they will honor their beta tester program and maybe I will get one of their new products (the Cortex with the 2 year powertrain warranty?). If this happens, I will put up the Powerpaq I have for sale. Be minded that there are a ton more options with the Powerpaq vs the Predator (I will post the side by side options when I get a chance). Also, I will take both programmers to the track and give you the best side by side test I can with my current setup and just using the 91 oct tune. I will do my best to launch at the same rpm and same way each run (I hope to get at least 2 to 3 runs on each programmer). Should the test file work I will let you know so keep an eye out here once everything is completed.

Last edited by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05; 05-22-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: change title and add to post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

sounds good
Old 05-22-2009, 04:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow....what's it like to have a tuner company employee tell you the truth about something and actually follow through with stuff?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Great company

Amazing bro I didn't even buy it from them and they still took care of me. Also, by Tuesday I will have support for data logging (0-40,50,60,70 times, all of the times for an 1/8 and 1/4 miles run).
Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am glad someone is doing something for the 05. I got tired of waiting so I sent mine out. Cest' la vie....

-Mike
Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 AM
On The Tree

I am big time interested in this I'm gonna HP tune my car here in a few weeks, but if that doesn't work out really well, this would definitely be another option.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
I have been dealing with Superchips for maybe 2 to 3 weeks. I became an out of state beta tester. Bob has been great to deal with and I believe I spoke to another lead in the company by the name of Al (who said he would do his best to help me). I spoke with Bob last week about my car and already they have setup a file to support the 05 cars (took less than a week Diablosport take note!!!). If this works, I'm hoping they will honor their beta tester program and maybe I will get one of their new products (the Cortex with the 2 year powertrain warranty?). If this happens, I will put up the Powerpaq I have for sale. Be minded that there are a ton more options with the Powerpaq vs the Predator (I will post the side by side options when I get a chance). Also, I will take both programmers to the track and give you the best side by side test I can with my current setup and just using the 91 oct tune. I will do my best to launch at the same rpm and same way each run (I hope to get at least 2 to 3 runs on each programmer). Should the test file work I will let you know so keep an eye out here once everything is completed.
Data logging probably will not happen for the 05 cars as the 05 and 06 have different ABS controllers, but I have what I wanted and that is a tune.