LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Help!!wet shot ls4 owners chime in please

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!!wet shot ls4 owners chime in please

Hey, I think there are one or two guys spraying a WET shot, not dry on this LS4 that have it done....I need some help on timing #'s and your success rate and how you taimmed the beast at #7 plug if any at all....There is already a similar case of this on the LS4 as mine...but that guy burrned up his exhaust valve and no cylinder damage though..thank GOD!! Im doing a compression test on FRI afternoon and checking #7...my tunner is getting me in hopefully next FRI to pull another 4* of timing for the N20 and across the board at the the star...Im thinking...we have to get rid of some of this KR in like low 3rd and 4th gear prior to a downshift....then again, im wondering if its due to new vibrations from my downpipe and race pipe and borlas with the new idle and behavior of the motor being tunned...we do have sensitive as EXTERNAL mounted KR sensors...so who knows...and I need to check and see if my tunner TUNED out the KR or if he just simply turned the ECU away from it and prevented it from SEARCHING for it....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
fried plug ngk tr6 1.bmp (126.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: bmp
fried plug ngk tr6 2.bmp (126.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well from what i know rosko we have a VERY sensative knock sensor. And this motor is very picky about its operational range. I Dont think we should be using any tune designed for high N/A powr with the N20. From what i have read the guys that have used N20 with no problems were using the stock tune.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah...so ive heard...im going to have my tunner subtract 4* from the timing making the total to 8* of total timing from factory pulled...I just need to get a nice conservitave tune with a good cool plug...but the TR6 is the plug of choice for a lot of these guys...but i think im going with the TR7...its two stages colder, but keep it at the gap Im at just to be safe....Im even thinking of a timing box....so i can split the tunes up maybe...have N2O mode for the timing box to pull timing...
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

are you using a nozzle or a spraybar. I had a 04 gto with a 150 shot using Nitrous Dave's spray bar is it worked flawlessly.