LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

different remote range problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different remote range problem

64K or so on the little car and my remote range has been dropping quickly. Fine...battery was like 2 years old in the remote, pop $5 on a new battery for it. No change. Still hovering around 75 feet max (and more like 50 on a regular basis). Updated antenna, program, module, etc. No trouble with TPS. Any ideas? Month ago, range was easily 300+ feet, up to 500 if the antenna was facing me. As an aside, the Ultra-flo mufflers are finally breaking in, still quieter at idle than my previous set of Heartthrob mufflers, more of a deep, deep, thrum instead of the stacatto rumble. Softer, smoother growl under load, but she SCREAMS at WOT. Loud, but smooth. Not as pleasing to the ear, but interesting, different.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would be happy with 50ft. mine sucks it only works from like 20ft away. i changed the battery thinking that was the issue also with no results. my girlfriend makes fun of me for having to be practically in the car for the remote start to work.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Launching!

Check your new battery! Even though you bought it as "new" doesn't mean it hasn't been sitting around for a long time. Many of these batteries are also made in countries with poor quality control. The batteries are mass manufactured in the millions. Check the battery voltage. I have bought "new" batteries that were not much better then the ones I was replacing. Even name brand batteries have been known to be less then they should be.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

just pulled out a meter and checked it. 3.198V. That is within a tenth of a percent of ideal theoretical voltage. Have no way of seeing what it draws, but I doubt it is a problem with the battery.