LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

WTB: Diablo Tuner 2006 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Diablo Tuner 2006 Impala SS

Hey guys title really says it all. If anyone is selling the diablosport tuner package for a 2006 impala SS please PM me as I am interested!

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

PMd....I know of one for sale.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

woohoo!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Launching!

How does everyone like there diablo sport tuner??I've been lookin into one,and the price is a lot cheaper then the hp tuner...but does have all the same results as the hp tuner???
Old 06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

diablo cant tune some trans stuff
Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

I have one for sale...PM me
Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I would not spend the money on this product.

If you want a hand held tuner, go for Superchips. It will tune the ECM and TCM. Diablosport can not tune the TCM.

If you want something better and can send your ECM/TCM in, go with vector Motorsports.

If you have alot of time on your hands and a laptop, get HP Tuners and learn how to tune your own car.

Best of luck.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Sorry I'm new to tuners..with the Diablo can you still at least remove the rev limiter?

And I am to understand that there is zero trans support(firming shifts etc)?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

With Diablosport, you can remove the speed limiter as you can with the superchips.

Diablosport does not know what TCM is, there for you will never beable to tune your trans vs. Superchips. They know how to work with the TCM and have a good tune for it.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHRISS1928
Sorry I'm new to tuners..with the Diablo can you still at least remove the rev limiter?

And I am to understand that there is zero trans support(firming shifts etc)?
AFAIK, no product will remove the factory rev limiter...and you are correct, it does nothing to the transmission.

It's a decent handheld unit, but not at the MSRP price of $350 or so. If you can get one for $150 or less, go for it...it's worth about that much, imo. I had one a while ago, sold it b/c I wasn't really using it, and just recently purchased another one for $100. It's a bargain at that price.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
AFAIK, no product will remove the factory rev limiter...and you are correct, it does nothing to the transmission.

It's a decent handheld unit, but not at the MSRP price of $350 or so. If you can get one for $150 or less, go for it...it's worth about that much, imo. I had one a while ago, sold it b/c I wasn't really using it, and just recently purchased another one for $100. It's a bargain at that price.
With a 2 year warranty on the product, nothing on the market comes close to the bargain represented by a $375 Predator.

What many people seem to want to overlook here is that it is more than just a 'tuner', it has datalogging capabilities (as well as pass through logging capabilities using our Dataviewer software on a PC) and acts as a scan tool to read and clear diagnostic codes.

It also gives you the ability to raise the factory rev limiter by up to 600 rpm, if you want more, you just met me or Lew know, and your all set.

Speaking of Lew, well, he may be the best selling point there is.
Cant beat having access to someone as knowledgeable about the product as he is, especially since he is so willing to share that info with any and everyone.

Cant say that about the competition...
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Mike, how much are the other Diablo tuners that actually offer transmission support? Same price? Same other datalogging and code reading features?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Mike, how much are the other Diablo tuners that actually offer transmission support? Same price? Same other datalogging and code reading features?
Same price, in fact, the tools for Chrysler products are about $10 more than everything else, with (U7137) or without (U7135) TCM support...
Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
It also gives you the ability to raise the factory rev limiter by up to 600 rpm, if you want more, you just met me or Lew know, and your all set.

Speaking of Lew, well, he may be the best selling point there is.
Cant beat having access to someone as knowledgeable about the product as he is, especially since he is so willing to share that info with any and everyone.

Cant say that about the competition...
wow, thanks for the good words Mike, I appreciate it!! I do my best to try and help...

and yeah, like Mike said, if you need anything adjusted more than what's allowable via the handheld itself, you can contact him or me and one of us can create you a custom tune for your car.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Same price, in fact, the tools for Chrysler products are about $10 more than everything else, with (U7137) or without (U7135) TCM support...
That's what I was getting at...you're hitting those of us that don't get trans support at full price for less tuning capability. What's up with that?

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers...and I'm not going to turn this into a Diablo-bash like others have. But, it seems like after all of the broken promises, your "bargain" at $375 isn't what you think it is.

I do like the unit's capabilities. Like I said, I bought another one after not having it for so long...but I never did nor would I ever buy one at your retail price, given its shortcomings.

-Chris
Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

I have hp tune on my car and i tell u it is much better to me than the diablo sport even though my numbers look about the same about a 5 horse power tgain the car itself drives like a beast. Now i jus need to put mufflers on my car now

Originally Posted by 1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
How does everyone like there diablo sport tuner??I've been lookin into one,and the price is a lot cheaper then the hp tuner...but does have all the same results as the hp tuner???
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bugzy530
I have hp tune on my car and i tell u it is much better to me than the diablo sport even though my numbers look about the same about a 5 horse power tgain the car itself drives like a beast. Now i jus need to put mufflers on my car now
Right on so you first hand experiance w/ both tuners and you choose hp tuner...to bad u don't live in so cal I would pay to have my car tuned,instead of buyin the whole unit...its just a lil out of my budget right now...thanks for your input though...
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Keep in mind that the Superchips cortex comes with a 2 year power train warranty for your car.

Thats something Diablosport does not have along with TCM support.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM

hi ppl i have a prob i just turbo charged my non turbo 2000 chevy impala base model and i was looking to buy a tuner but i dont know anything about tuning AT ALL i was gunna get hp tuner but i dont know
? what should i do help please
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

after the turbo install, you should get it custom dyno tuned, so you can make sure your AFR is correct and everything is dialed in for that setup...

handhelds won't do it for ya... and I know your 2000 v6 impala is not supported by the predator... not sure about other handhelds, but don't think so... and they wouldn't really help ya with the turbo setup anyway...

Quick Reply: WTB: Diablo Tuner 2006 Impala SS