LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

please...only turbo guys chiming in.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please...only turbo guys chiming in.

if you had to do it over, would pay to cram air into the LS4 or would you rather have spent your money someplace else and why?

I hesitate to drop half the money I would need to buy a ragtop 'vette into a front-wheel drive winter beater, but I get bored sometimes.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would I do it again, on the daily driven family car? No.

But the only reason being time to work on the car.
I love wrenching on the car but when I run into problems I cant stop and wait for parts.
I bought the Cartuning proto type used and didn’t use the lt1 maf, meth kit, or the Cartuning tune.
I had problems getting oil in the intake. So I rebuilt the turbo, still had it. After a little research on LS1 tech I found out its bad to have oil drain line under oil level in the pan. So I tapped the side of the pan, no more oil.
Now my tune is messed up I think it’s the maf so I’m going 2bar speed density, but I haven’t made up my mind on which iat sensor to use.
This is the first time I’ve played with a turbo and its been a learning experience.

Now would I take the turbo off and sell it? Not only no but **** NO!!!!

This thing is unbelievable. I’m only running 6 psi and the car is just stupid fun to drive. I’ve got a few issues to work out but I’m just scratching the surface.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

You mean a LS1 MAF? and its all about what your goals are...i like standing out in a crowd and being a pioneer of this car....you get the attention and the weird looks..then you run your times...and they have no choice but to give you props on it...we are doing a rear mount on this thing and spraying with a 50 shot...running on an EFI Live tune now and a 100 shot...it earned me my 12 sec wings...not too bad for an everyday...well, its not going to be for too long as of this weekend...lol
Old 07-10-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Cartuning kit came with a lt1 maf.