LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My three questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My three questions

OK Four
#1 I’ am getting reading to go see my family in Downers Grove Il. Never been to a dragstrip, I would like to try my luck. Where could I/should I go?

#2 My bother-in-law, in Il., said that he would help me do some work on the car. I don’t want to be a pain so…..if he gave me an evening of his time…what could we get done? I’m thinking TB, Hogan downpipe and heat reduction kit. How long does it take to install rockers and pushrods?

#3 I just filled up with Amoco 93 oct. and my gas mileage has dropped by 3 miles per gallon! I’m wondering if I should really trust my instant mileage display. I had been using Chevron.

#4 My Magnaflow exhaust is hitting/banging on my anti-sway bar, passage side, the shop that put it on has offered to bend (crush) the pipe where it is touching with a c-clap………..
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 707chance
OK Four
#1 I’ am getting reading to go see my family in Downers Grove Il. Never been to a dragstrip, I would like to try my luck. Where could I/should I go?
If there's nothing in Chicagoland, Great Lakes Dragaway is close to the IL/WI border in Wisconsin
Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reset your averager Fuel milage every time u fill up
Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghlkal
If there's nothing in Chicagoland, Great Lakes Dragaway is close to the IL/WI border in Wisconsin
http://www.route66raceway.com/cgi-bi...ndex_rt66.html

I wonder where I used to go then?

You can also go here http://www.byrondragway.com/ I have friends that like this place because they don't follow NHRA rules like Route66 does.