LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Monte SS Rear Spoiler/Front Clip on Imp SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monte SS Rear Spoiler/Front Clip on Imp SS

Hey guys, relatively new to this Forum. Just bought an 06 Impala SS and am wanting to start modding. I've got plenty planned as far as performance goes and have got some great tips on here from that.

However, maybe you Monte guys can help out. We've discussed this a little over at NAIOA.com, but will the front clip on the Monte SS fit on an Impala SS. I only ask because, when i bought my new Imapala, mine appeared to have been cracked by a curb and I need to replace.

Also, we discussed briefly on NAIOA about upgrading spoilers to the Monte SS's. Anyone know if it'd fit on an Impala. Someone thought it might with some sanding, but I personally haven't compared them side by side. The Impala has 4 bolts that secure it, but I don't know the exact dimensions.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate all the tips from everyone out there.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

front air damn is wider on the monte than the impala I believe...

and the rear spoiler won't fit the impala... our trunk lids actually have a hump in them that our spoilers are made to mold/go over... as well as the actual widths of the trunk lids being different...

ever seen a monte carlo with no spoiler on the trunk?? notice that big hump they have??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought that the bumper would fit. guess im wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There was a monte for sale in my area with an impala front bumper. I'm pretty sure it'll fit. The spoiler might not, unless you have it sanded flat.

Buy em from a junkyard and make it happen!!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

I've always wondered about that... As a Monte owner myself... I personally think the front bumper on them look 100x better than the blandish bumper of the Impala and would have to try this if I had the 4-door. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Isn't the trunk lid wider than the Impalas also?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah... back spoiler is a definite no-go....

you may be able to modify the front fascia to make it work on the impala... think I remember seeing someone on the naioa.com impala forums that did that a while ago... had to shave the ends and cap 'em off I think...

take a look over there...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Monte SS Rear Spoiler/Front Clip on Imp SS