LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Trip to Bowling Green, KY

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trip to Bowling Green, KY

I went camping at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green KY. Yes the same town where they build the Corvette. They have a 1/4 mile and circle track. It seemed to be over prepped....and my drag radials were underinflated... The video is 665 meg so it will take a while to load. My car is the one with the blue painters tape on it, but there are plenty of other cars too. On a side note I consistantly beat a 350Z throughout the night, but not by much. My car is stock except for the mufflers and an K and N drop in. The best part is at the very end, a glorious Diesel Trucky. Naturally, wear headphones or have good speakers. Quicktime will play it.

http://60degreev6.com/OldSkoolGP/Drag%20Racing.mp4

Enjoy.

Last edited by Count of Monte Carlo; 10-29-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the file is huge, but the Diesel Trucky at the end is so worth it. Plus the video and sound quality is pretty good. In HD!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

finally uploaded it lol....i was wondering why you had that blue painters tape on there? also i liked the mustang that power braked it while he was stagged at the tree haha. some of those races were painfully slow too lol but that last truck was ******* nuts!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the superstars weren't out that night except for that Trucky and the Dodge Daytona! I use painters tape to keep all the track prep and water off the car because the wheels that I am using have a pretty negative offset and part of the tire sits outside the housing. Yeah that guy in the Mustang just couldn't help himself...I guess he likes to floor it!! But that track had goo all over it from the box to the trap and I had my drag radials inflated to 14 psi. Way too low, and I would venture to say that the low inflation and the excess track prep caused all sorts of tire and pavement friction. My car hooked every time except once when I ran the 90 mph trap... The last time I took off, the tires chirped like is was a car from the 60's LOL.