LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

wiper fluid not coming out

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper fluid not coming out

For some odd reason my 06 monte won't squirt any fluid out. It shouldn't b 2 cold is like 40 degrees so idk why its not comming out. What are some things ii can do to see what's wrong?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Can you hear them pump when you hold the botton in?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Launching!

My drivers side wasn't spraying any fluid out, I checked it out and it ended up being a kink in the tubing.

Seeing as both yours don't work, I'm not sure if that would be the problem, but maybe worth a look.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaley1987
For some odd reason my 06 monte won't squirt any fluid out. It shouldn't b 2 cold is like 40 degrees so idk why its not comming out. What are some things ii can do to see what's wrong?
First verify that there is washer fluid in the reservoir!

Second, verify the pump is working when the button is pushed.
If the pump dosent work, verify you have power to pump when button is pushed. If no power then your screwed. Have to determine if you have an operative switch. I havent heard of one failing yet but you could be the first, someone has to be.

Third, if pump is getting power, pop off outlet hose and verify washer fluid is passing through pump. If no fluid passes through pump, may be a blockage inside tank at opening to pump. Or inoperative pump and change out is in order.

Forth, if fluid passes through pump you are on the home stretch. Follow hoses to final destination making certain nothing is kinked as previously stated. Finally pull the hoses off the squirter nozzles and verify flow.

Not all inclusive but should give you a place to start. Good luck.

Last edited by LS4SPEED; 02-16-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

no I can't hear a pump all I can hear is the wipers
Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no I can't hear a pump all I can hear is the wipers
Must use help, need someone to press button while you listen for pump under hood. I cannot remember how loud the pump is, but GM's are usually pretty loud for some reason. Have someone press the button while you look and report back.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

before you do all that i would make sure the fuse isnt blown. i had that happen to me this year.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
before you do all that i would make sure the fuse isnt blown. i had that happen to me this year.
What other functions are powered by the same fuse? I doubt that there is a dedicated fuse just for the washer pump. But maybe, who knows I don't have diagram of the system. Either way checking as I stated above shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes with a helper.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check the fuse box under the hood, fuses WSW and WPR
it is in your glove box manual pages 5-96 5-97 5-98.
if you don`t have a book you can download it here :
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/motion/c...dispManualInfo
Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

ok thanks for everyone's help. im going to have someone help me me with that tomorrow and check the fuses as well. i checked the lines and nothing was pinched or in the way. so im going to do these things first thing in the morning and let u know how it goes
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok thanks for everyone's help. im going to have someone help me me with that tomorrow and check the fuses as well. i checked the lines and nothing was pinched or in the way. so im going to do these things first thing in the morning and let u know how it goes

This happened to me when I used the washer spray when it was about 15 degrees, it blew the fuse. Two minute fix.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
What other functions are powered by the same fuse? I doubt that there is a dedicated fuse just for the washer pump. But maybe, who knows I don't have diagram of the system. Either way checking as I stated above shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes with a helper.
no other functions are powered by the fuse. its a winshield washer fuse. the wipers will still work but it wont shoot fluid or make noise. i went and checked all this crap under the assumption that if it was a fuse the wipers wouldnt work and i was wrong. there is a fuse only for the washer. and there are spare fuses in the fuse box for the quick and free fix. didnt know that either until i read the actual diagram on the box cover.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
no other functions are powered by the fuse. its a winshield washer fuse. the wipers will still work but it wont shoot fluid or make noise. i went and checked all this crap under the assumption that if it was a fuse the wipers wouldnt work and i was wrong. there is a fuse only for the washer. and there are spare fuses in the fuse box for the quick and free fix. didnt know that either until i read the actual diagram on the box cover.
Good info! I would have never figured the washer pump to be on it's own circuit. I supose if there was ice inside the pump even though he stated the weather was 40* it could have drawn enough power to pop the fuse.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think thats how mine blew the fuse. iced up in the lines and i kept hittin it. these things have fuses for everything. its a good idea. if the washer fuse goes the wipers still work. same thing with the headlights every light has a fuse so you dont lose both lights if a fuse goes.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Teching In

thnks guys it ws a fuse. but now it only shoots out on the passenger side. checked for kinks nd couldent see anything out of the norm. also after i changed my fuse i drove up to micigan and everthing was fine till i parked for the night and now my battery is completly dead. what could case my battey to b completly dead? i dont think i left lights on but who knows

Quick Reply: wiper fluid not coming out