LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 monte carlo battery removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 monte carlo battery removal

how do you remove the battery? i think my battery took a massive crap on me. so i need to go to autozone and get 1 but i have no idea on how to change it out. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Launching!

look on the front or back of the battery at the base ther may be a retainer holding it in with one bolt. Take that out after you remove the terminals.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure you have to pop off the black support bar on the passenger side, and remove the fuse box cover(might need to swing the whole box out) and then play reverse tetris with the battery to get her out.

Others have done it so they should be in shortly with some support.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Teching In

thanks sounds confusing. cant b that heard cause i c the battery
Old 02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

If it's the same as the impala, then you have to do all what BRYAN921SS said. If you have someone helping you that would be better so someone can hold the fuse box out of the way while you wiggle the battery out. I replaced mine about 3 weeks ago and was by myself so I ended up taking out the head light so I could put my hand through the hole and push the battery out with one hand and guide it with the other. It was the biggest PITA ever!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, in the Impy, having a second person to hold the fusebox out of the way would make it far less challenging. So much cursing...like you were already told (and seem determined to disregard advice you asked for which I don't quite get, but whatever...), remove brace above battery. Remove cables. Unbolt battery tie-down and remove. Unbolt fusebox and swing it out of the way. Twist, curse, and yank the old battery out and throw it on the ground in disgust while giving it the finger. Suck on your bloody knuckle and, if you are very smart, replace it with the small case Optima battery you got instead of the stock sized battery. Reverse the procedure and you are done.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06 SS
yeah, in the Impy, having a second person to hold the fusebox out of the way would make it far less challenging. So much cursing...like you were already told (and seem determined to disregard advice you asked for which I don't quite get, but whatever...), remove brace above battery. Remove cables. Unbolt battery tie-down and remove. Unbolt fusebox and swing it out of the way. Twist, curse, and yank the old battery out and throw it on the ground in disgust while giving it the finger. Suck on your bloody knuckle and, if you are very smart, replace it with the small case Optima battery you got instead of the stock sized battery. Reverse the procedure and you are done.
These instructions are so precise to the carlocrusader's battery directions!
LoL!!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Getting the battery out is the PITA. An extra set of hands will definitely come in handy.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i remember, having to do this... sucks...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres 4 bolts in the fuse box once you pull the cover off of it. you can pull the whole front of the fuse box out once you loosen those bolts. it makes life easier. you wont have to have someone else there to hold it for you then. but everything else that everyone said is correct.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

But after you do it a few times its easier buy and Optima and save the trouble.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mels SS
X2,seem fit alot better
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

agreed the optima did fit way better.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06 SS

no i didnt disregard the advice i was just saying it looks like a pain in the *** and there has to be a easier way on doing it. i just paid pep boys to do it. they only charged like 15 bucks when you buy the battery from them so i didnt have to worry about the headache even though eventually i will need to learn how to take out the battery anyways for further stereo mods. it was just the fact that i was on vacation and it is cold up here in michigan so i just paid the cash to get me back on the road and not have frozen finger tips trying to put it in.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mels SS
i never like optima batteries. nothing but bad luck for me. i killed 2 in 1 year so im over the optima even though i am going to miss the optima just because of the size and being able to wiggle it around.

Quick Reply: 06 monte carlo battery removal