LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Good/inexpensive source for replacement CCFL Halo inverters

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good/inexpensive source for replacement CCFL Halo inverters

While I am in my "lighting" mode, playing with the white and amber LEDs and such, I figured I might as well source some new inverters for the halos...so I googled it and found this place:

http://www.elwirepros.com/halo-inverter.html

For $4.50/ea + USPS priority shipping, it seems like a decent price. I bought 3 and paid $21. I bought last Friday and they shipped Monday, arriving from CA in Buffalo yesterday afternoon.

They seem well constructed (aluminum boxes) and well sealed. They come with kit-specific connectors (probably for their own halo kit) that need to be snipped off. I did this and wired one up last night and they work beautifully. I left the headlight with the working inverter alone just to see how much longer before it fails.

Their inverter is about 2.5" x 7/8" x 5/8"...a bit smaller than the plastic OE units. They do not come with d/s tape, so you will need to fasten them with screws or use 3M d/s tape of your own. I used tape I had on hand, and it fits nicely where the original inverter boxes were.

My soldering gun died, so I decided to just twist the wires and use heatshrink tubing, which may be my only problem. The smallest heatshrink tubing I could find at autozone did not shrink enough to completely seal the ends, so I may have to go back later on and use crimp connectors.

I'll keep you posted on their performance.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very legit. If I had known about these, I probably would have kept them. I would then need a fix for them fogging all the time--yeah probably RTV.

Quick Reply: Good/inexpensive source for replacement CCFL Halo inverters