LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

power steering hose! READ

Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering hose! READ

Ok so i mentioned to my dad that there has been a couple of guys on here that had big problems with the power steering hose. He looked it up today to see if it was an existing recall and sure enough it is. for the monte and the grand prix... im sure its for the impala too but im not sure. He said that he printed off the recall and that explains what they do to fix it. Ill try to stop in his work tomorrow and copy paste it on here for you guys to read. he got the recall part ordered and will be on my car soon.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to my local dealer last month about this recall, and he looked it up for me. He said it was non existent. All I know is that I want it fixed before I have problems.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Got mine done this morning...According to the receipt it was 1.70 hours of labor..All free of course, lol.

Im pretty sure it's only for certain years, Like only 06 GXP and SS, I may be wrong though.

The problem is only supposed to occur when it's -04 degrees out, or really cold. But I got it done anyways..
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have more details.... the recall came out on march 16th. And its only for certain cars. probably for like a time phrase of when the hose was made or something. the way you can check to see if your car qualifys for it is to call your dealership or go there and give them the last 6 of your vin and ask if they can look to see. and of course my car was one of them!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Model16
Got mine done this morning...According to the receipt it was 1.70 hours of labor..All free of course, lol.

Im pretty sure it's only for certain years, Like only 06 GXP and SS, I may be wrong though.

The problem is only supposed to occur when it's -04 degrees out, or really cold. But I got it done anyways..
Hey where did u get yours done West Herr??
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Nah I got it done at Steve Baldo..I live pretty much down the street from West Herr, but I figured I woulda get it done at Steve Baldo cause they ordered the part before I bought the car, and they're pretty cool there, lol
Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah I got it done at Steve Baldo..I live pretty much down the street from West Herr, but I figured I woulda get it done at Steve Baldo cause they ordered the part before I bought the car, and they're pretty cool there, lol
ok thx..where is steve baldo on transit?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Nah, they're all the way down Main Street...Past Lancaster...Errr "Dunn Tire Raceway Park"..Whatever the heck it's called now lol
Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah, they're all the way down Main Street...Past Lancaster...Errr "Dunn Tire Raceway Park"..Whatever the heck it's called now lol
o ok gotcha thx...Ill proly end up going there soon
Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The recall is for certain VIN blocks. The problem is, even if your car falls within one of the VIN blocks, it doesn't mean they'll fix it if it's not leaking. That's what I was told yesterday by Chevrolet Customer Service.

As for the temperature, I doubt Bald Menace was in sub-zero temps when his GXP burned to the ground.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
The recall is for certain VIN blocks. The problem is, even if your car falls within one of the VIN blocks, it doesn't mean they'll fix it if it's not leaking. That's what I was told yesterday by Chevrolet Customer Service.

As for the temperature, I doubt Bald Menace was in sub-zero temps when his GXP burned to the ground.
I got mine replaced under warranty. Of course, it was after it blew up! Went in about 25F weather.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Teching In

I had my 08 gxp (the one that is Bar-B-Qued) in Montana during january when it was so cold that a piece of side trim popped loose( well below zero). my wife also had the car in colorado and utah during the winter. how can GM only issue the bulletin for cars that live in cold states when people tend to go places other than where they live? hell it was unseasonably cold here in oreegon 2 winters in a row with record cold temps
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmm I need to find out if this is a problem for my 2007.

I have my 11 month old to think about here..
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Launching!

I got a letter in the mail last week about this recall. I still need to bring my car in for it.

Search this Thread