LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

diablo tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablo tuner

so i installed my diablo tune with dod turned off...does that mean that i cannot use cruise because it would not let me do it on the highway i figured because it must have to able to go into 4cyl mode to use crusie am i right?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

No, something's not right there. DoD shouldn't effect your cruise.

BTW, happy 1000th post to me.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Correct. The diablo tune has nothing to do with the CC. However, other mechanical failure, such as a brake system issue and/or traction control will stop CC from working. I've had the diablo no-DoD installed for over a year and it has no effect on the CC.

You have any other warnings/lights on the dash?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 PM

well i tried the diablo dod on today and then the cruise worked....but my check engine light is now on?! idk unfortunatly i cannot remember for sure but am 90 percent sure that the check engine light was not on with dod off. dod off the cruise acted liked it wanted to engage or engaged for a millisec then shut off.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blulightning101
well i tried the diablo dod on today and then the cruise worked....but my check engine light is now on?! idk unfortunatly i cannot remember for sure but am 90 percent sure that the check engine light was not on with dod off. dod off the cruise acted liked it wanted to engage or engaged for a millisec then shut off.
I'm sure Lew will come in and answer your question
Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Get the code read at autozone or someplace else...then have them delete it...and see what happens with the Cruise. Report back here with the code if you don't know what it is.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah... definitely doesn't affect the cruise control...

there aren't even any parameters available in the editable tune file that have anything to do with cruise control...

and no, the DOD does not affect the CC at all... have had it off for almost 5 years now in my car, and my cruise and everything else still works just fine...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
... have had it off for almost 5 years now in my car, and my cruise and everything else still works just fine...

5 years?! Ok....sad, but you do recall that the pesky manufacturer of that particular tuner was promising TCM control even before you bought it?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 06 SS
5 years?! Ok....sad, but you do recall that the pesky manufacturer of that particular tuner was promising TCM control even before you bought it?

yeah yeah....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Whats DoD?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by chuckrock
Whats DoD?
Displacement on Demand... same thing as Active Fuel Management... GM just changed the name...

Quick Reply: diablo tuner