LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Finally got my car back!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my car back!

I FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Ok, sorry, I had to celebrate. It was at the dealership for 29 days. I got a new transmission, a new ISS, and a new key fob. All total, I paid $220.19. Not bad at all, wouldn't you say?

I don't think the key fob solved the range of the remote sucking, but that's okay. As long as the car is back, I can live with that. I scorched the front tires more than once that evening that I got it back. I'm sure you understand. Now I get to save for finishing my exhaust, exhaust installation, transmission cooler and gauge, and tune.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the range of the remote working is not because of the key fobs themselves, it's because of the receiver under the front of the dash and the antenna...

there was a TSB out about this issue YEARS ago... I had mine done/fixed 3 years ago...

there's a new antenna and receiver they need to install for the fix...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-03-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, 29 days aint no joke, my ISS has been at the body shop for two weeks. I still don't love it, but I sure do appreciate it after driving my Crown Vic that has absolutely no guts every day.

On a related note, don't feel too bad about the 29 days. I had an Xterra that I was working on for over two months. It had major electrical gremlins that took forever to figure out. I'm sure the customer was quite happy picking it up after so long!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
the range of the remote working is not because of the key fobs themselves, it's because of the receiver under the front of the dash and the antenna...

there was a TSB out about this issue YEARS ago... I had mine done/fixed 3 years ago...

there's a new antenna and receiver they need to install for the fix...
Yeah, that's what I thought. I had researched it, too. Hell, I even TOLD these morons about the antenna in that keyless module inside the car. Guess they just didn't care enough. If I can dig up a dealership anyone near here that I can take it to, get it diagnosed (QUICKLY), and repaired in one day, I'll likely do that.

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
Man, 29 days aint no joke, my ISS has been at the body shop for two weeks. I still don't love it, but I sure do appreciate it after driving my Crown Vic that has absolutely no guts every day.

On a related note, don't feel too bad about the 29 days. I had an Xterra that I was working on for over two months. It had major electrical gremlins that took forever to figure out. I'm sure the customer was quite happy picking it up after so long!
Your ISS has been in the body shop for 2 weeks? Or were you meaning your car, with the ISS ready to be replaced?

Yeah, it wasn't TOO bad, since it was under warranty. Like I said, it was a minor inconvenience. Doesn't mean I have to like it, know what I mean?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Its a great feeling to have it back, no?

I always hate dropping the car off at the dealership because I know I will get the run around on finding the parts, finding a tech to do it, when I can pick it up..etc. It's quite sad.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by westtexastiger
Your ISS has been in the body shop for 2 weeks? Or were you meaning your car, with the ISS ready to be replaced?

Yeah, it wasn't TOO bad, since it was under warranty. Like I said, it was a minor inconvenience. Doesn't mean I have to like it, know what I mean?

My ISS is in the body shop, awaiting repairs. I referred ISS = Impala SS - I made it a little confusing with intermediate steering shafts in the conversation lol
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
My ISS is in the body shop, awaiting repairs. I referred ISS = Impala SS - I made it a little confusing with intermediate steering shafts in the conversation lol
Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah, I was all kinds of confused.

On another note, why don't you appreciate your Impala? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just curious. I thought you loved it. I'd bet the new baby would get a kick out of Dad driving him or her around in it. Boy or girl, and how much longer until your wife is due?

I'm also curious about that Crown Vic. I had a buddy who had an early '90s Crown Vic cop car, with a 351 Interceptor in it. Wasn't the most powerful thing in the world, but the way drove that car made me think it was waaaaaaaaaay more powerful than it was.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Its a great feeling to have it back, no?

I always hate dropping the car off at the dealership because I know I will get the run around on finding the parts, finding a tech to do it, when I can pick it up..etc. It's quite sad.
Oh yeah, I agree.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah, I was all kinds of confused.

On another note, why don't you appreciate your Impala? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just curious. I thought you loved it. I'd bet the new baby would get a kick out of Dad driving him or her around in it. Boy or girl, and how much longer until your wife is due?

I'm also curious about that Crown Vic. I had a buddy who had an early '90s Crown Vic cop car, with a 351 Interceptor in it. Wasn't the most powerful thing in the world, but the way drove that car made me think it was waaaaaaaaaay more powerful than it was.

My Vic is bone stock, 105k miles. Ran a 16.6 @ 84mph when it had about 40k miles on it lol

The Impala, I am not in love with. It's what we settled for when we were car shopping. I had a couple TBSS's that I really wanted, but couldn't get the right financing for, and one of the dealers were douches and lost my business.

While we were TBSS shopping, we saw the Impala, and she loved it. Test drove it, the V8 was nice - and I was sick of dealing with dealers so we bought it. I'm just tired of the FWD and lack of any handling. I have come to appreciate it's power though, after driving the Vic two weeks straight lol

The Impala is temporary though, it'll be paid off in about two years, I'll get a CTS-V and she'll be happy in the Imp!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

CTS-V Wagon? lol.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by neilownz
CTS-V Wagon? lol.

lol, I'll try to find a nice LS2 CTS-V with decent mileage. If all the stars line up right, I might even be able to find a used 09 by then that will be in my price range.

Next was was supposed to be a C6 Vette, but kids obviously don't fit!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Hahahaha. Yeah, but they'd looooooooooooooove getting dropped off at school or picked up in a Vette. You'd be the coolest dad in the world.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome back to your car. Hope it runs like a horse and your trannie lives happily forever after.

I drop mine off tomorrow for AM reception issues. They put in a new radio/nav that is worse than the original.
Thank you, GMPP extended warranty!

One trick regarding the remote: position the remote lightly under your chin before hitting it. Extends range considerably. Remove hat if wearing one.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Welcome back to your car. Hope it runs like a horse and your trannie lives happily forever after.

I drop mine off tomorrow for AM reception issues. They put in a new radio/nav that is worse than the original.
Thank you, GMPP extended warranty!

One trick regarding the remote: position the remote lightly under your chin before hitting it. Extends range considerably. Remove hat if wearing one.
I would be curious to know HOW that trick would work.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

I would be curious to know HOW that trick would work.
It works, I surmise the remote uses your head/body as an extended antenna.

Win money with this trick!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

True - it does work. Been doing it for years. Our heads must have something in them that acts like an antenna...
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
True - it does work. Been doing it for years. Our heads must have something in them that acts like an antenna...
Maybe a person's teeth fillings or braces amplifies the sound somehow?