LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Aftermarket Gauge Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Gauge Mounts

So, I've read that no one makes a gauge pod specfically for the '06-up Impalas. I've seen mention of one for the Monte Carlo SS of that vintage, but nothing for the Impala. I think I read in one of my searches that the Monte Pod can be adapted to fit the Impala, but I'm not crazy about the idea of heating up a plastic gauge pod and trying to conform it to our A-pillars. I'm almost certain I'd mess up the pod, making it useless. I also don't have anywhere near enough skill to fab one up myself.

So, I went browsing on Summit Racing's website and found these -
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-2204/

Is there any reason why these couldn't work? I'd be concerned about how clean the installation would look. I want minimal wiring showing, if I can't completely hide the wiring. I also don't want to cover up that tweeter on my A-pillar.

Thoughts?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

I would have loved an A-pillar gauge pod, but didn't get many takers awhile back. Lotek makes them, but none for the 06+ Impalas.

I installed an oil pressure and voltmeter in my console. I cut some plastic and then mounted the 12 volt sockets to it. Works good for me. Almost looks factory.

I just purchased my vacuum/boost gauge and I'm going to mount it using a universal bracket on my A-pillar. I'll just slide it up so it's not covering the tweeter. Hope to start work on it next weekend. I'll post some pictures once it's installed.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks pretty good Tempest! I like it

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Gauge Mounts