LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Alcoa Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcoa Time

Tax money finally came, which means i finally ordered my new tires, which means a can get the winter set off a month later than i wanted to. Just washed up the Alcoa's last night after sitting in the garage all winter and i can't wait to get them back on. I had to leave the winters on a little longer than wanted because the old tires were absolutely unsafe to be on the road (see pics), and i needed the tax return to get some new rubber. I like my winter set...but i love the real Alcoa's
Attached Thumbnails Alcoa Time-img_0220.jpg   Alcoa Time-img_0221.jpg   Alcoa Time-img_0217.jpg   Alcoa Time-img_0216.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Wow those Kojak tires are definitely not for road work.

So how's the weather in Cleveland? You like the area?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahah those tires arent suitable for Cleveland roads !
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

No, tires deffinitely are not safe for any road...but i just dropped the car off to have the new ones mounted and should have it back by lunch.

Cleveland weather is nice at the moment...going to be high 60's and sunny today, and well over 70 tomorrow.....then mid 40's and rain on Saturday. Thats pretty much a typical cleveland spring. Last week i went from air-conditioning to furnace in the course of about 2 1/2 days at home. All in all i like cleveland though...i get to enjoy all 4 seasons.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

UPDATE:

Shop called me to let me know that there was a crack on the inside of one of the rims. Sure as hell hope its repairable b/c we all know how expensive the real Alcoas are...not gonna be happy if i need to get a new one.

BTW...for you GXP owners, make sure to let any tire shop know that the stager on our wheels is the opposite of a RWD car!!