Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > LS4 Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4
Default impala ss vs monte carlo ss

ok so u all know my dad works at a gm dealership and they sold his demo that he was driving and they had a 07 impala ss there so he got it untill he finds what he wants. I took it for a drive just to see what the difference is between the monte carlo and impala. It seemed like the impala was way faster. I dont get it. idk if maybe its becuz it has stock wheels on it or something. im just trying to find out why it would seem faster because it was a big differnce. Oh and it was bone stock by the way.

07 TBSS AWD- 418 Forged Stroker l Nitto 420s l AR Headers l RPM Stg 6 Trans l KW Coilovers l PCM CA Il Yank 2800
SOLD-06 Monte SS-20" ADRs on Dunlop Direzza DZ10s Front: 255/35/R20 Rear: 245/35/R20 l Doug Thorley Headers l Custom exhaust- res and cat delete l K&N CAI l SSC Lowering Springs l Don Rome STB Bars l DiabLew Tuned l Thrasher Shift Kit l Poly Motor mount and Dogbone l Tranny Cooler l Tranny Temp Gauge |
monte_with_a_LS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
2008 Chevrolet Impala

Trader Rating: 2

The 20's might have something to do with it, but IIRC you have 225mm tires?

Line 'em up and see what happens!

07 Trailblazer SS - 13.34 @ 103.8

CenTexSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

idk might be the seat of the pants thing like youve gotten so used to your car that when you hopped in the imp you felt it was quicker cause it was different. maybe your giant sub and train horns (still waiting on the vids of you scaring the **** out of ppl with them) and big wheels are slowin the monte down? one way to find out though. time for a good old fashioned street fight. your old man in the imp and you in the monte. dont forget the vids of the runs.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonteMan View Post
idk might be the seat of the pants thing like youve gotten so used to your car that when you hopped in the imp you felt it was quicker cause it was different. maybe your giant sub and train horns (still waiting on the vids of you scaring the **** out of ppl with them) and big wheels are slowin the monte down? one way to find out though. time for a good old fashioned street fight. your old man in the imp and you in the monte. dont forget the vids of the runs.
DP 08 GXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonteMan View Post
yea... always scare people and not ready with the camera... and dont have the sub took it out cuz of weight. i think im going to put my stockers back on and see what it does.

07 TBSS AWD- 418 Forged Stroker l Nitto 420s l AR Headers l RPM Stg 6 Trans l KW Coilovers l PCM CA Il Yank 2800
SOLD-06 Monte SS-20" ADRs on Dunlop Direzza DZ10s Front: 255/35/R20 Rear: 245/35/R20 l Doug Thorley Headers l Custom exhaust- res and cat delete l K&N CAI l SSC Lowering Springs l Don Rome STB Bars l DiabLew Tuned l Thrasher Shift Kit l Poly Motor mount and Dogbone l Tranny Cooler l Tranny Temp Gauge |
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexSS View Post
The 20's might have something to do with it, but IIRC you have 225mm tires?

Line 'em up and see what happens!
yes i have 225/35

Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
FWD Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4 View Post
yes i have 225/35
Stock wheels with some 245s and you'll feel a little quicker. Those big rims are heavy and if they're OD is larger than stock tires it's killing your gear ratio.
AlabamaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

actually his tires r an inch shorter than stock, so he has better gearing... but y did u use that size? 255/35's would be correct, but need an 8.5" rim, what width r urs? and last, i bet u lost low end with ur car with the 3" off road pipe... i recently put my stock DP on after 3yrs with the 3" off road pipe and my car feels quicker now... better low end, builds boost faster...

'04 HD XL1200C... Blue/Orange flames, Bobtail rear fender, Custom front fender, 6 spoke front wheel, Chrome everything... Rinehart 2-1, Mid-Controls, Deuce Wheel w/ 170/60x17, Ness BS, 74hp/85tq... Sold
someday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by someday View Post
actually his tires r an inch shorter than stock, so he has better gearing... but y did u use that size? 255/35's would be correct, but need an 8.5" rim, what width r urs? and last, i bet u lost low end with ur car with the 3" off road pipe... i recently put my stock DP on after 3yrs with the 3" off road pipe and my car feels quicker now... better low end, builds boost faster...
i used that size cuz i already had the wheels before i got the car. they just happened to be the right bolt pattern. and its a 8.5in rim.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 2006, 60, carlo, diferences, drl, faster, gxp, impala, monte, pipe, road, ss, tires, vs