LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Best track time at super chevy show

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best track time at super chevy show

well guys i finally broke 13s. i went 13.99 with a 2.06 60 ft. the car is bone stock with just flowmasters welded on. I bought some 26/10/16 drag radials and a cutout. i am going to try to get my exhaust done soon. want to run hogan downpipe with high flow cat and full 3 in. exhaust to the cutout then to the factory mufflers. do yall think that will help any and do yall know anyway to keep the rear from squating when you launch.And yes i know with slicks this is a possibility the tranny might go but i see it like this when it breaks build it better but until then i am going to try to go as fast as i can with the stocker,
Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

What was your mph?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

For less rear squat look into some GTO spring blockers. These get wedged in between the rear springs. Only use them at the track since cornering with them on is bad as it doesn't let the rear spring compress too much. I bet you get a lower 60 with them on. Great time by the way.

-Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by willybuck
well guys i finally broke 13s. i went 13.99 with a 2.06 60 ft. the car is bone stock with just flowmasters welded on. I bought some 26/10/16 drag radials and a cutout. i am going to try to get my exhaust done soon. want to run hogan downpipe with high flow cat and full 3 in. exhaust to the cutout then to the factory mufflers. do yall think that will help any and do yall know anyway to keep the rear from squating when you launch.And yes i know with slicks this is a possibility the tranny might go but i see it like this when it breaks build it better but until then i am going to try to go as fast as i can with the stocker,
It should help
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Is it just me or does a lot of people misuse the word stock? Or am I wrong and if so I apologize? To me stock is stock...might be able to slide with slight weight reductions. Less restrictive mufflers, cutouts, taking the back seats and spare out etc. all are not stock in my book. Stock numbers is what the car is capable of from the show room floor.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

I agree ^

"Stock" in my definition is exactly that, NO mods, nothing, full weight and factory tire size (no slicks or D/Rs), too. I love hearing the word "stockish." I may lie from time to time that my car is a stock base model V6.

Nice time, though.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Teching In

my MPH was 97 and i siad stock with aftermarket mufflers to give yall an idea of what i had. i have no motor mods done, no tuning, nothing big just mufflers. But they did free up the exhaust some. the more i race my car the more i like it being different. i was the newest and only impala bracket racing. It is taking a while to get use to the FWD but i think it is growing on me. Where do i get those blocks at.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine off of www.nepontiac.org

You could post up a thread in the "want to buy" section. They are ususally readily available there.

-Mike
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willybuck
my MPH was 97 and i siad stock with aftermarket mufflers to give yall an idea of what i had. i have no motor mods done, no tuning, nothing big just mufflers. But they did free up the exhaust some. the more i race my car the more i like it being different. i was the newest and only impala bracket racing. It is taking a while to get use to the FWD but i think it is growing on me. Where do i get those blocks at.
I didn't mean to pick on you, but I see stock all the time followed by with...and you saying bone stock and then stating what you had kinda made me say something. Congrats on the time
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the blocks i know a guy on clubgp had a ton of them he was selling.