LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

intake advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default intake advice

im currently installing the ported intake im really struggling with those damn green things that are on all the fuel injectors

i also dont have the tool to disconnect the fuel line on the mani any suggestions to make this suck less?

i have to be mobile by Tuesday cause im coming home from school

thanks for the help!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The green things stay attached to the intake. If they are falling out you can use some vaseline to keep them from falling out. Try not to use a ton of it. With the fuel line (take off the fork like clip first) you can use two flat head screw drivers on each side. Look into it with a flashlight and you'll see the clip like springs. This is spring loaded so when those two spring like clips get depressed at the same time it moves forward. Get a cloth for the gas that will spew out. Here look at this...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...-question.html

-Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

thanks i figured it out just have to get the fuel line disconnected i broke one of the clips that fastens the connector down to a valve cover in the back to what looks like the o2 sensor cause i had played some beer pong and went back to it it was a weird clip though so whatever i would have broken it anyway
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You will nedd a quick dissconnect tool. You local parts store will carry this.they have universal sets that will fit all different sizes. These tools are typically used for fuel liines, has a round slit end that can clip onto the line and engage the locking clip in the connection.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

i got on without it the intake makes a huge difference definitely happy with this mod
Old 05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree. This is a great mod for the money. It really woke my car up even further. Wait until the PCM learns it. Even more fun to drive.

-Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

yeah for sure i just took it around the block quick im excited to thet the cai inductions box in it and my headlight
Old 05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Can't wait to get mine on, awesome to hear that you can feel the difference.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Mike can you show Oil pressure sensor
Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mel,

Not sure what you need? I think the oil pressure sensor is attached to the oil pan, if front if I remember correctly.

I did see a flat sensor under the intake when I had it off but I am not sure what sensor that is. It looks like the flat sensor on our intake necks. Ummm, is that what you were referring to? lol...

-Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

DP,

You'll love this mod. One of the best ones I have done to date. I like this one as much as the rockers and catless downpipe. Kiss 1st gear goodbye. The tires spin at 1/8 - 1/4 pedal now. And on the highway....watch out. Hardly any pedal force to pass... Excellent mod. I can only imagine an LS6 intake. Makes me want one now... lol...

-Mike
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pauls325
i got on without it the intake makes a huge difference definitely happy with this mod

I maybe missed somewhere what you actually did with this mod. Your sig says a ported intake. Did you just port the stock intake, if so where did you sent it to?? Or did you buy an intake already with a port job? If that's the case, where did you get it from?? And is it a LS4 intake or some other LS varient?

Just wondering all this as I too am looking at either a LS6 intake (but I know there is ALOT of modification to this and not sure if I want to go thru all that is necessary to do that one), or if enough gain is reached out of a LS4 intake with good porting, going that way. So just wondering what you did for the "ported intake."
Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Can you snap some pics of you headlight mod. I'm just curious to see how you did yours compared to mine. I need to seal my box though, with my car parked and engine off I can see heat fumes comming out of my headlight hole. Not good.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

yeah ill take pics when im home later this week intake was ported by fasterproms