LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Service Traction Sytem

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Service Traction Sytem

One day I was pulling off from the curb and a beeping noise occured. I looked to see the TRAC OFF and ABS lights were on and the message center says Service Traction System. I went to have it fixed and the mechanic said I had a bad right front wheel sensor. He replaced it for $600 and the 2 weeks later the problem started occuring again...I took it back (this time he said he cleaned the sensor and put it back on). Same problem happened a couple of weeks ago...this time he said I need to go to the dealer to have the computer flashed or reset and he doesnt do that. I notice it happens when I back up and then turn the wheels sharply (sometimes it grinds and the Traction Active displays). I had 20" rims when I got the car and never had a problem...I got the same size new rims and shortly after is when this problem started...any coincidence. At this point I dont know what to do about this mechanic or how to resolve the problem with the car? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated greatly.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the same exact problem. i think its the hubs themselves tho.. and well mine goes in and out.. when i turn its like if the wheels are slipping and the traction control comes on..

Quick Reply: 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Service Traction Sytem