LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Finally ordered real HIDs from DDM

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ordered real HIDs from DDM

So i finally stepped up and ordered a pair of 6k 35watt HIDs from DDM tuning to replace the silverlights that just werent cutting it for me. First of all seriously ive been waiting almost 2 weeks for it to even ship. Called and said im gunna probably have to wait another week. i mean i understand their busy but seriously????

but enough complaining i was wondering if anyone could give me the link for the impala HID instillation tutorial. i had the link awhile ago and lost it. thanks.

im also planning on moving the silverlights into the fogs and if anyone has any tips for that i feel like its gunna be a giant pain in the ***. thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Foglights are VERY easy once the headlights are out!

DDM is a small company, so you have to be a little patient with their shipping. They have also been having issues with their containers and customs searches.

HID install link: http://www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php?...wtopic&t=19821
Old 06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Just be patient...they usually take awhile to ship anyway and DDM is the go-to place for cheap, good quality HIDs so now they get backordered quite often.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do ur foglights at the same time as ur headlights that way you dont have to pull ur headlights out again. ddm tuning is the ****
Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Just be patient...they usually take awhile to ship anyway and DDM is the go-to place for cheap, good quality HIDs so now they get backordered quite often.
True dat!

I ordered a set of H11s for the Impala (I gave up the on the projector experiment) back on May 10th. The lights just showed up this past Friday, as they were on backorder. Funny thing is, I bought 2 other sets back in late March when they first had their sale, and I got the HID kits about 3 days later.

Still, the quality is worth waiting for. This is the best lighting upgrade you can buy.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Their customer service/shipping times suck ***....if they told you that they should ship next week, expect at least another week on top of that before they get sent out. I don't care how cheap they are after my experience with them, I would never recommend anyone that i know buying anything from them. Spend just a couple $ more and buy from a company who actually gives a **** how they treat their customers.....they take your $ immediately but don't ship anything out for weeks, and they don't seem to care even the slightest bit......and in my case they were on their facebook page having sales and selling the kits locally to walk in customers out of their storefront while mine were on "back order"....just shitty all they way around....and I still can't believe all the people who accept the sub-standard "service", and even go as far to make excuses for them and recommend them to others....

.....and now to top it off, after only having the kits for less then two months I now have a dead H11 bulb that i have to now contact them to return it under their warranty. It will probably take somewhere around 4-6 weeks before they get the replacement to my door......
Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

perhaps instead of waiting you should just buy from someone else if your so upset about it.
personally i didnt have a problem with the shipping or the product. they got to me in a few days and im on the other side of the country.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
perhaps instead of waiting you should just buy from someone else if your so upset about it.
personally i didnt have a problem with the shipping or the product. they got to me in a few days and im on the other side of the country.
I gladly would have bought them from somewhere else had I known then what I do now. It's too bad all I heard were good recommendations on this and a couple other forums. It wasn't until after I ordered them and didn't hear **** from them until I contacted them two weeks later to find out they weren't going to ship anytime soon. Hell they didn't even email me to let me know wtf was going on, their site just said "order in process? ...Then I checked out their facebook page and saw lots and lots and lots of other stories about people looking for their product waiting weeks without seeing them and only getting updates when they contacted DDM. No communication at all getting initiated by DDM. Taking someone's money immediately and waiting weeks to ship product without communicating anything at all to your customer is a REALLY shitty way to go about doing business.

Glad you had good luck, but getting them to you door in a few days definitely doesn't seem to be the norm based on the things I have seen.