LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Off Topic: Anybody carry concealed?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic: Anybody carry concealed?

ok so anybody hear carry there pistols or own pistols? i'm looking at buying a new auto, i have a S&W .38 snubnose, and am looking to buy a smaller/midsize pistol, anyone have any suggestions? i'm currently looking at the tauras 24/7 series also the taurus millenium pro, also looked at a Kahr and a Glock 26. im set on 40cal, gonna get my CCW so i can carry next year. my dad is a retired cop so i have all the mentalities as him lol.
just thought i would ask my boys on tech!!! Thanks for any reply.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

I do! I got my concealed permit last year and started studying the hell outta guns. Look HARD at Springfield (finest handgun in the world). I'm not a taurus fan. Look at Springfield's sub compact 3 inch .40. Myself, I'm a .45 guy. But, I love that pistol. Not a fan of the a 24/7 or Millenium Pro. The gun sales man will almost have you convinced to buy it. Cheap, looks great, tons of cool features. But, it ain't no Springfield.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Launching!

I carry a Sig Sauer P238 (.380) perfect size for cary with enough power imo, but .40 cal or 9mm are a far more popular round
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

i have had mine for about 2 years now and dont leave home without it lol ..... its such a safe world we live in .... i have carried a glock 23 and like it ..it is kinda ocward but managable. My buddy carries a taurus millenium pro 45 and likes it ...honestly unless u r out for show factor the 38 or a 380 auto is really all u need ...my next purchase for concealed is gonna be the new taurus 9mm slim ....if u havent seen it o check it out its a very nice unit...hope the input helps
Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just waiting for Illinois to pass the law, wishful thinking I know. Not sure what kinda monies your wanting to spend. Springfield is an awesome gun, also the Sig is very good aswell, but pricey. But for the money I have a great Styer 9MM, its an Austrian gun like the glock. Actually was designed for Glock themselves but they passed on the design. It's light and nimble, and the sights are awesome triangular night type sights. Thats the gun the wife shoots, fits my hand well but doesnt pack the punch my HK USP 40cal. does. That has been my handgun of choice!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Yes.

Sig P225 is my normal CCW,(bottom one) but occasionally I carry my H&K USP40

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice! I went all black myself. I resisted the temptation for the two tone, it was hard. I was going for the tactical look myself, the light really sets off the HK. Gotta love adult toys!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Nice! I went all black myself. I resisted the temptation for the two tone, it was hard. I was going for the tactical look myself, the light really sets off the HK. Gotta love adult toys!
I'm a redneck, I like shiny objects.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

I've been carrying for 9 years. Started with a Glock 23, now I carry a Sig P226 or a PPK .380. What ever you do, shoot the gun you think you want before you buy, and dont skimp on a holster. Get a comfortable one. You are more likely to carry with a comfortable holster. Also, SHOOT OFTEN.
The sharp edges of the glock and the sig dont make it real enjoyable to carry them.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tmichelena
I do! I got my concealed permit last year and started studying the hell outta guns. Look HARD at Springfield (finest handgun in the world). I'm not a taurus fan. Look at Springfield's sub compact 3 inch .40. Myself, I'm a .45 guy. But, I love that pistol. Not a fan of the a 24/7 or Millenium Pro. The gun sales man will almost have you convinced to buy it. Cheap, looks great, tons of cool features. But, it ain't no Springfield.

Thanks,
Tom
yeah man springfield would be up there on my list if i had springfield money.
Originally Posted by thatguy383
I carry a Sig Sauer P238 (.380) perfect size for cary with enough power imo, but .40 cal or 9mm are a far more popular round
my dad used to have a sig 250 or 220, and i liked how that shot for sure, my dad carries nothing but .40 and his .357's snub and L frame.

Originally Posted by nostixs
i have had mine for about 2 years now and dont leave home without it lol ..... its such a safe world we live in .... i have carried a glock 23 and like it ..it is kinda ocward but managable. My buddy carries a taurus millenium pro 45 and likes it ...honestly unless u r out for show factor the 38 or a 380 auto is really all u need ...my next purchase for concealed is gonna be the new taurus 9mm slim ....if u havent seen it o check it out its a very nice unit...hope the input helps
yeah i have been really researching Taurus as they are really affordable, seems the older models have some problems but the new models seem nice and reliable, im just out for the "keep my family safe factor" haha
I'm just waiting for Illinois to pass the law, wishful thinking I know. Not sure what kinda monies your wanting to spend. Springfield is an awesome gun, also the Sig is very good aswell, but pricey. But for the money I have a great Styer 9MM, its an Austrian gun like the glock. Actually was designed for Glock themselves but they passed on the design. It's light and nimble, and the sights are awesome triangular night type sights. Thats the gun the wife shoots, fits my hand well but doesnt pack the punch my HK USP 40cal. does. That has been my handgun of choice!
im looking to spend 400-450 tops, i will definatly look in to Styer. my dad also had a USP 40 but he said he always had problems with the mag release tripping when he would draw it, he was on a Felony stop and drew his USP and the he heard something hit the ground and he looked down and his mag was on the pavement so he sold it haha. im looking at something for my girlfriend aswell probably a 380,.
Originally Posted by SidewaysV8
Yes.

Sig P225 is my normal CCW,(bottom one) but occasionally I carry my H&K USP40

[IMG][/IMG]
very nice !!

i like all black, just my prefference,
Originally Posted by SidewaysV8
I'm a redneck, I like shiny objects.
HAHAHA!!
Originally Posted by sherm6998
I've been carrying for 9 years. Started with a Glock 23, now I carry a Sig P226 or a PPK .380. What ever you do, shoot the gun you think you want before you buy, and dont skimp on a holster. Get a comfortable one. You are more likely to carry with a comfortable holster. Also, SHOOT OFTEN.
The sharp edges of the glock and the sig dont make it real enjoyable to carry them.
theres a place about 30min from my house that has a gunsmith/indoor range and have a sales floor, so im gonna go up there and shoot a few and see what i like.

i would like to say a huge thank you to all of you for your input and sharing what you all have!! i will definatlly let you guys know what i get, thanks again fellas!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

can't carry in Illinois (hence our out of control crime), but in States where I can legally carry, my Springfield Arms sub-compact 9mm (Tritium sights) is really nice. Point of aim is dead-nuts accurate right out of the box. Wish I had stepped up to the .40 in the same gun. Little thick with the double stack magazine, but not terrible. I am looking at a Walther PPS in .40, single stack, easy to dress around. Own a Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 (full size), I like the double strike and decocking features a lot, but it would be big to carry every day. Same as my S&W .357 (686P), but you might want to seriously consider a hammerless revolver in .357. Taurus makes several that are in your price range and in a crisis/panic situation, a revolver is a lot easier to get to go bang. Squease the trigger, no safeties to forget, no racking a slide if you don't like going coked and locked.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

870 Tactical in the trunk at all times, when I hit 21 it'll be a hammerless .38 in the waistband or the 1911 will be moved from the bedside table.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
870 Tactical in the trunk at all times, when I hit 21 it'll be a hammerless .38 in the waistband or the 1911 will be moved from the bedside table.
Hell Yeah!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah buddy, all the track and racing vids still have the 870 and a ton of ammo in the trunk. lmao
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

you just never know what could go down.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
you just never know what could go down.
Because if I wasn't prepared, something would.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think I would be advertising to the world that I always carry a gun in my trunk. Just gives someone a reason to break and steal it.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

I don't think I would be advertising to the world that I always carry a gun in my trunk. Just gives someone a reason to break and steal it.
Then come find me and steal it?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not what was ment! Just giving you some friendly advice, take it how you will.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ruger Redhawk, though you'd a job finding where I keep it!
Edit: Excuse the leg!!

I'd like to add a Taurus Judge to the collecetion, but I don't think finances will allow it anytime soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off Topic: Anybody carry concealed?