LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Need some wiring help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some wiring help!

Ok guys, I just bought an 04 GTP Comp G and I'm assuming the monsoon system I have is the same as in the GXP's so hopefully someone will be able to help me out. I just put my subwoofer in and the amp turns on and off with the key like it should but I think I am having problems with my line output converter for the RCA's. The only wiring diagram I could find for the rear speakers said for the left speaker Brown = + and Yellow = - and for the right speaker Dark Blue = + and Light Blue = - so that's what I went with for my LOC. Like I said, everything turns on and off like it should, there is just no bumpity bump. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong??
Old 11-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Staging Lane

I know that all LOC should be tapped after the the factory amplifier (right at the speaker leads). I'm not to familiar with your car but if you look closely at the back of your factory speaker terminals there should be a print of a positive (+) or negative (-) symbol near the terminal. If there is no (+) or (-) symbol, then most of the time the smallest post is (-) and the largest post is (+). If what is said is true and correct but there is still no sound then you probably have a bad, defective, or a cheap Line out converter, depending on the LOC some of them tend to produce a low signal. I used to have one made by Audio Control.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Well I think I had a bad LOC. I tried my old (and I mean very old!) LOC and it worked. It only has signal coming from the right side of the car but at least it works.