LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having problems wit the GXP, about 2yrs ago my car got hit hard in rear passenger tire. The past couple months i've had problems with rear vibration and it sways hard to the right when hitting the smallest bump. Its like a pretty hard jerk or shift in the rear.Wearing the hell out of rear tires.

So far I've replaced the sway bar which bent a little, replace the sway bar connector bars, took the eibach lowering springs off and went back to the factory springs, replace trailing arms, and replaced rear struts. All parts were new but springs and they have less than 15000 miles. It seems like it have gotten better but still doing it. I bought a BMR rear strut brace thinking it may help, (installing tomorrow) but I'm really lost and don't know what else to do.
The only other thing I could think of is remove the camber bolts and go back with stock bolt.

DO ANYBODY HAVE ANY INPUT ON WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

struts? or maybe you tweaked the uni-body some? body shop for diagnosis, pay for their opinion, it'll be worth it.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
struts? or maybe you tweaked the uni-body some? body shop for diagnosis, pay for their opinion, it'll be worth it.
I agree. Your caster could have been knocked out significantly. Have a body shop check it out, and have an experienced tech check the alignment.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
I agree. Your caster could have been knocked out significantly. Have a body shop check it out, and have an experienced tech check the alignment.
Thanks guys, struts have already been replaced and sending it to pro-align the weekend to get rear alignment check then go from there?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

id say get it alligned