LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cleaning: tire dressing and interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning: tire dressing and interior cleaning

currently im using black magic gel and there is a lot of tire fling and getting that gel off my white paint is annoying but it does last a long time on the tires (about a week)
What do you guys use? which would be best to minimize tire fling?

what would be the best product to CLEAN the leather seats/doors not shine

DP you prob got the best products what do you recomend?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Meguire's hot shine spray (not the foam). Sprays on with aerosol almost like spray paint. It looks amazing and lasts a long time. If you live in a cold state like me, keep the can indoors so it actually works okay when you spray it. I have found it much cheaper at walmart than typical auto parts stores.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Ardex- Rubber Bumper Black, its got more silicone in it than anything I've ever used. Really high gloss

And

Leatherique, for the seats, you wouldn't believe this stuff, makes damaged seats look new, but you really need to follow the instructions
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

where did you buy the Leatherique from?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Launching!

I've used that black magic gel too and had the same problem with it flinging all over the side of my car. The stuff works great and lasts a long time but the gel can get into the little crevaces of the tire and if you don't wipe it off REALLY well, it's going to fling. I'm not a big fan of the aerosol because for some reason I always miss the tire a little bit and spray my wheels. Pisses me off lol!

The key to no fling is making sure there is no excess gel left on the tire and giving the tire some time to dry. Also, apply light layers one at a time which makes it easier to wipe off. If you're not satisfied, do another layer.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

www.detailedimage.com

They have almost everything you could want. I've been using them for years.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Launching!

I hate tire shine sling! The Black Magic gel with applicator sponge still produces a lot of sling.

I currently use Stoner "More Shine Less Time" spray dressing on the tires. It stays on for a long time and gives the tires a "wet look". But there is one drawback. The silicone will get airborne when you spray it so you wind up having to towel down the entire car after you apply it. I made an 18" cardboard disk to keep the stuff off of the rims.

I tried the Ardex tire dressing with mixed results. Very runny and a lot of follow-up work with a towel.

I use Lexol's two-step process to clean/condition the seats with good results. My interior is light (Platinum) so it gets dingy easily.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Turtle Wax Tire Foam....F21 to be exact. Hell...Ill go do my tires and most some pics in a second

Before:

The Bottle:

The Dressing:

Final Product:

Took about 30 seconds per tire

Also, I have new tires on order, the ones on her right now are BALD

Last edited by hazards280; 12-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

on tires i use Adam's Super Vinyl Rubber and Tire....it is water resistent so it lasts even through the rain and ****....it doesnt fling off as long as you give it some time to sit.....it isnt super shiny but gives a nive deep black look....cleaning leather i use Adam's leather and interior cleaner....you wanna follow that up with either Adam's leather conditioner or the super vinyl rubber and tire....the conditioner has less shine compared to the super VRT

Quick Reply: Cleaning: tire dressing and interior cleaning