LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

give me your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default give me your opinion

so my trans has been acting up periodically so i took it in this morning to have it rebuilt at desert trans. just got a call telling me they could not get it to do anything out of the norm, i asked about a shift kit while it was there. he told me don't mess with it do a service and call it a day as it would not be worth the coin and there where several internal upgrades that could be done as well at the time of rebuilding, so "when i brake it, they will fix it" cool the guys down there know there ****.

so the question that all that led up to, for the guys who upped the trans fluid pressure how much did you dial it up and how was the end result?

(and if you need a trans shop in vegas look this place up honest people are hard to come buy out hear and this place wouldn't take my money so what dose that tell you)
Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
so my trans has been acting up periodically so i took it in this morning to have it rebuilt at desert trans. just got a call telling me they could not get it to do anything out of the norm, i asked about a shift kit while it was there. he told me don't mess with it do a service and call it a day as it would not be worth the coin and there where several internal upgrades that could be done as well at the time of rebuilding, so "when i brake it, they will fix it" cool the guys down there know there ****.

so the question that all that led up to, for the guys who upped the trans fluid pressure how much did you dial it up and how was the end result?

(and if you need a trans shop in vegas look this place up honest people are hard to come buy out hear and this place wouldn't take my money so what dose that tell you)
The problems that our trans' see are caused by issues in the valvebody. Just upping the line pressure by itself is a band-aid. I've posted several threads about this, as I've researched the topic heavily (I'm on trans #3).

Call Dave @ Triple Edge Performance if you want the real story. He specializes in our trannys and knows why they fail and how to prevent it from happening in the future.

I don't trust anyone else.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got off the phone with him i know feel like i know dick compared to this guy told me what is was a valve guide seal that is worn so im pretty much stuck with it as no one around here wants to mess with it so goose the trans press to firm up some shifts and call it a day till i grenade it