Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > LS4 Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
TECH Regular
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Trader Rating: 4
Default beat the smog checks?

so i have been talking to a guy at the smog check in vegas and he told me that when they do a smog check on a 97 or newer vehicle they only do a obd II check and look under the hood to make sure nothing is smoking. so there is no visual inspection of the cats and if you turn off the rear o2 sensor will it trip a readiness monitor so should i be able to slip by the smog check

'77 T/A
'12 Camaro
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
TECH Addict
2002 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 15

Wow. I had no idea Nevada was that easy!

California is so strict, I had to register my GN in Oregon, even though my car LOOKS most stock.
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big Ass Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Light bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
TECH Regular
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Trader Rating: 4

i want to try it but from my understanding the hp tuner just tells it not to turn the light on when you shut off the rear 02 but it still shows up in the data log for the readiness monitors thats what they check, i still need to know more

'77 T/A
'12 Camaro
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
TECH Addict
2002 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post
i want to try it but from my understanding the hp tuner just tells it not to turn the light on when you shut off the rear 02 but it still shows up in the data log for the readiness monitors thats what they check, i still need to know more
You may want to check with Lew. I know he specializes in DiabloSport, but he may have some insight on HPTuners.
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big Ass Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Light bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1987, 2011, beat, beating, buick, ca, california, check, grand, laws, monitors, national, nevada, requirements, smog