LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector headlights

The Body Shop at the dealership I work for did some work to my ISS yesterday!

Tinted taillights, removed IMPALA, painted SS and Chevy emblem

Front Chevy Emblem

SS Emblems on side. Still need to remove some glue from the "GM square"

Next, I need to know a good set of Projector headlights (black). So then I can complete the whole set. Suggestions please! Oh and the new Nebraska plates are God awful ugly!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Only 1 company makes the projector headlights for our cars, and they break easily. A lot of sellers on ebay and around the internet have them for various prices. You may be happier going with the black DEPOT brand headlights. Much nicer, less ricey, better build quality. Or so it seems.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

I thought I'd never be the one to say this, BUT I don't like the blacked out tails on your Imp. I think it takes away from the look of the car. The SS's and bowties look great though!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Blacked out does look a little iffy on it, but it's his car and he likes it.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Only 1 company makes the projector headlights for our cars, and they break easily. A lot of sellers on ebay and around the internet have them for various prices. You may be happier going with the black DEPOT brand headlights. Much nicer, less ricey, better build quality. Or so it seems.
I 2nd this.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Teching In

The black DEPO headlights are sweet as hell. The projectors almost give the car a down syndrome look.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So true. I tried the projectors, and they suck for a couple of reasons. As mentioned, the adjusters break really easily. In fact, I had to ship back the passenger side twice because the up-down adjuster screw was broken out of the box. The second reason is, the bulbs used in those projectors are H3s, which are basically a fog lamp bulb. There wasn't even close to enough light, and I was running HIDs. I took them out after a week and resold them.

Originally Posted by 2007SSImpala
The black DEPO headlights are sweet as hell. The projectors almost give the car a down syndrome look.
I'm running DEPOs in my Impala now, and they're BADASS:

Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2007SSImpala
Hahaha...

With how big our head lights are, they really show have came with a black headlight like this. It just looks so much better. On any color car too.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I saw an Impala with projectors today, it didn't look very good and they were completely clouded over.