LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Equivalence A/F ratio vs. O2 mv reading

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equivalence A/F ratio vs. O2 mv reading

I'm trying to tune my PE at WOT with my Predator hand held.
I've got my ltft's set at -.08 to +2
I'm wondering how accurate the Equivalence ratio is compared to my mv readings from my O2 sensor. To do this right, I know I need a wideband, but for now I'm just trying to make since of the two readings.
My PE is currently set at 0 and my advance is -3. My readings are 12.52 ER and .855mv O2 @ 5986. Car feels pretty good.
I've been data logging my Dilivered torque readings, and it seems that the richer I go (or closer to .900mv at 5900) the better the percentage in tq delivered.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A narrow band O2 sensor is just too non-linear to be able to be trusted for open loop tuning. I've found that the NB and WB don't necessarily hold the same voltage relationship over time - this may be explainable due to the NB being designed to control fueling only during closed loop operation, but it might be something else.

Give up on WOT runs until you get the wideband and can tune the fueling with some confidence.

BTW, if you left LTFTs on, try to have them slightly positive so that they are not removing fuel when you go into open loop - they lock in at the last setting.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are close but not 100% accurate, remember that COT protection is on also and will dump fuel as reqiured to cool the cat. Just adjust the PE in the 3 ranges for a 12.8-12.6 until you get your wideband, also you may want to monitor the cat temp to see if it is being cooled while you are getting the data. If the cat temps are staying close to or going into cooling mode then maybe you can turn the COT off for the run. This function (COT on/off) may not be available on your Predator I don`t remember for sure. If not maybe Diablo or Lew can modify a copy of you last tune written for you to load and tweek and then reinstall the tune you are using with changes made so the COT is re-inabled. But don`t over temp it!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys im waiting for another part before i send lew my file for tuning. Im only able to adjust certian areas with my handheld and i know lew can adjust for a wider range.
What kind of a wideband is everbody using and whats up with the delivered torque percentage going up when i run richer?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

be forewarned... a lot of the stuff that you're changing, will be all re-done/changed when I get my hands on your file anyway... hehe... ;-)

so don't work yourself too hard over it, haha...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Patience it is then lew!

Quick Reply: Equivalence A/F ratio vs. O2 mv reading