LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

1st results from taking gxp back to Dealer.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 1st results from taking gxp back to Dealer.

Took my car in for trans slip today 66000 miles. So I'm standing at the service desk explaining to the guy what problems to the service guy and when I get done, he tells me a lady brought her 2007 monte ss was having the same problem wit her trans. Immediately I start to smile thinking this might be pretty easy due to another car LADY driven having the same problem. Well in the end he tells me her car had several bad mounts which they replaced and problem solved. Before he got done I hear a LS4 pull up in the parking lot, and I knew what it was before I turn around. I look out the corner of my eye seeing it was a black monte ss wit a lady getting out looking kinda pissed. As he finish talking bout her car being fix, I pointed at her and said is thats the lady you talking bout and he said yes, I told him I wasn't the smartest man in the world but I could my the look on her face that her car wasn't fixed. So she came ask for a tech to go riding with her and he wanted me to leave mine for a couple hours. He called back later and said that they could find any codes in the history and they took it out driving twice and could not get it to repeat what it had been doing but it did seem like something kinda funny was going on between 2nd and 3rd gear. So I ask what end up being wrong with the ladys car and hers either had a bad torque converter or a bad torque converter solenoid. They say they was go keep my car over night, drive it again in the morning and also look through the service bulletins. So I'll give another update on tomorrow and plan to have own list on service bulletins and complaints printed just in cause he says he can't find anything but as of now he seem like he go be pretty cool to deal with they also while they got it in they go replace the PS hose on the recall.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yep.. TCC is shot....

just happened with mine back in December...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Which dealer you take it to? Anyone here hany expierence with em?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

The same dealer I bought it from, in Northern Alabama. I believe the closest person to me on her is AlabamaGuy. So far as I know no is close enough to have dealt with.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yep.. TCC is shot....

just happened with mine back in December...
Yup, and with it, the whole tranny.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Ill be there shortly, mines at 61k and is a ticking time bomb. Sometimes it slips and sometimes it doesnt. Its werid...
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98GTcoupe
Ill be there shortly, mines at 61k and is a ticking time bomb. Sometimes it slips and sometimes it doesnt. Its werid...
I know exactly what you talking about, cause thats exactly how mine is acting. It slips one day and may not do it again for 3 or 4 more days. Well I didn't receive a call today, so I called them 1hr before closing and the guy told me they took it out several times today couldn't get it to replicate what it had been doing with me, which I told them that one day it slips and the next it don't. He told me I could come get it and drive it over the weekend and see could I make it slip more frequently and leave it there over the weekend and start back looking at it Monday. I chose get it and drive to work and take it back Monday.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

I had been easing off the pedal when felt it trying to slip, but if it does it now I now go let off at all. I want it to bump and bump hard into gear. He still seems like a pretty cool guy to me.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats how mine started, slipping, banging into geear, dealership did the whole tcm updated=FAIL, then replaced ttc solinoid=FAIL, tourqe converter=FAIL, rebuilt trans=lasted 2 months, then complete new trans from gm=that took a **** too
then another new gm trans and it lasted until i dumped the car a few weeks ago
Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Mine even thinks about going and Ill make sure it does!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

This is all too scary..
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM

Did You bought It at Nogales
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine never threw a code and mine drove like complete ****.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
This is all too scary..
I'd have to agree with you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st results from taking gxp back to Dealer.