LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Ooooooh oil, me so sorry

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ooooooh oil, me so sorry

I buurrrnnn and lleeaaaakkkk oil like a *****, and Royal Purple isn't CHEAP!

Anyways, been doing so searching around the forums and came up with some shtuff.. First of all, my DoD burns oil, awesome.. Second, I have a leaking valve cover, sweet.. Third I read oil get's into our intake manifold and collegiates, terrific..

SO, next mod - Diablosport Trinity and a 91 DoD OFF tune from Lew (prob 2 weeks-ish, can I pay with credit card?)

Next - Any better valve cover gaskets than OEM? Ones that don't leak? Or is it just poor installation?

Finally - I need a "How To.." or a "Do It Yourselfer" thread for installing a catch can.. I don't know how or where to even start.. Any responses will be appreciated, I'm tired of my 90,000km LS V8 acting like a Chrysler 2.7 V6..
Old 04-09-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PCV line is really easy to locate , it runs accross the top of your front head and into the top of your air intake , id just take it off and put a filter there , I believe f3racer did this in his custom cai thread.

Your gonna LOVE your trinity , worth every penny.
(and i havent even gotten a custom tune yet....)
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

The clean side hooks to you intake off you front valve cover the dirty side hooks to the top of you intake manifold from the rear valve cover. Get a catch can and hook the clean side to the highest port on it and the dirty side to the lowest port
Old 04-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Banned

I did just put a small spectre filter on the front pcv line when I did my intake. I had to bend it up slightly to make it fit.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

first of
dont use royal purple anymore.... you just completely fell for their advertising..its the shittiest and most expensive oil u can get...
lol
use amsoil, pennzoil,rotella instead
second take it to the dealer if ur still under powertrain warranty! i just did because i been burning oil bad and im getting new lifters and new valve covers for completely free!