LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

need some help 06 imss

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help 06 imss

well my clicking noise is back in my dash, one of my actuators is bad.. its only doing it now switching from hot to cold mainly. i had the glove box folded down to see 3 actuators.. one by the inside/outside air selector,. and 2 right by eachother.. i can access one easyily, i took that off to see if that was the problem and it still clicked so obviously that isnt the faulty one?. so the one up from it is.. and from the book im seeing its a mode selector is the one that might be bad? how do i get the black plastic out of the inside of glove box? i took all the screws out and it wouldnt budge.. it was loose but i couldnt see a way to get it out?. please help! this things drivin me A wall!.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im having this problem too. i have the extended warrenty since my dealer will still warrenty electircal and sorts so i'll take it in when i have time. I feel your pain, i cant stand it either. See if cerculating cabin will stop it for the time being, not sure if its constant with yours or not but that shut mine up i just have to do it everytime i start the car.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Watch this just in case its not the one you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_GZNbP4mwo

The black box you took the screws out of, just pull it straight out. It's tough cause the **** that moves the mode doors sticks into that box by about an inch or so.