LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roller rockers?

I have 0 mods.

I plan on either building or buying a CAI soon.

Which rockers would you buy?

I want to make sure I never have to open the valve covers again after installing too.

I will eventually buy headers but from what I understand, you lose back pressure and the cars seem sluggish unless you have a cam or rockers.

07 GXP. 37,000 miles.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the guys on here seem to be running scorpions and I think a few are yella terras but I am a comp man myself
Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Take a look at dp 08 gxp's for sale thread he has some used crane gold 1.8rr with ls6 spring guide plates and I think push rods for $475. Its used but sill in good shape. $475 is a steal and they are good rockers.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

What he said
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default rockers

if you can get a good set of used ones I would do that. However if you are going new this is what I went with; http://www.vincihiperformance.com/impalassMAINPAGE.html
Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

I've got the scorpion 1.8 that I bought off of Haulin_LS4.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with SLP 1.85 rockers and oil restriced pushrods since I didn't change the springs. Works very well and I got the rockers for $200.00 off of a member on this board. Something I could not pass up since the price was quite right.

-Mike
Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 707chance
if you can get a good set of used ones I would do that. However if you are going new this is what I went with; http://www.vincihiperformance.com/impalassMAINPAGE.html
How did yo get rwhp?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

1. If you are replacing rockers, make sure you replace the springs and rockers. If you are getting new springs, DO NOT get single springs. They are almost all made by comp cams and they break a lot.
2. The yella terra rockers are great but they are expensive and not made anymore. I would probally go with a 1.85 rocker as you will gain a little more then the 1.8.
3. As far as the headers go, its the second biggest mod we have. The first is getting a new intake manifold. Replacing the headers will give you very big gains, and the loss in back pressure is not a bad thing. It could be a on a turboed car but on a na its not.

Originally Posted by blackcat
I have 0 mods.

I plan on either building or buying a CAI soon.

Which rockers would you buy?

I want to make sure I never have to open the valve covers again after installing too.

I will eventually buy headers but from what I understand, you lose back pressure and the cars seem sluggish unless you have a cam or rockers.

07 GXP. 37,000 miles.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sittingmongoose
1. If you are replacing rockers, make sure you replace the springs and rockers. If you are getting new springs, DO NOT get single springs. They are almost all made by comp cams and they break a lot.
2. The yella terra rockers are great but they are expensive and not made anymore. I would probally go with a 1.85 rocker as you will gain a little more then the 1.8.
3. As far as the headers go, its the second biggest mod we have. The first is getting a new intake manifold. Replacing the headers will give you very big gains, and the loss in back pressure is not a bad thing. It could be a on a turboed car but on a na its not.
H.S. rockers are run A LOT too, I like mine

also I have never had a problem with my comp. springs and they have been on there for a good while now. To be honest this is the first I've heard of it, but I also haven't been doing research either.

Finally, I agree with the headers statement and it wakes up even more when you swap the intake manifold. But remember you absolutely need a tune after a header install, there is no way around that. Also in case your wondered, you could never run the thorleys on a turbo set up anyway because of fitment issues.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by D J Real
H.S. rockers are run A LOT too, I like mine

also I have never had a problem with my comp. springs and they have been on there for a good while now. To be honest this is the first I've heard of it, but I also haven't been doing research either.

Finally, I agree with the headers statement and it wakes up even more when you swap the intake manifold. But remember you absolutely need a tune after a header install, there is no way around that. Also in case your wondered, you could never run the thorleys on a turbo set up anyway because of fitment issues.
I don't agree with that. I put on 1.8's and headers and still have the stock tune with no issues. I've never had a CEL on and I'm not running rich, gas mileage is still the same.

Granted I'm not getting the full potential from my mods right now, but it's not a must.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

harlend sharp are good too. and as far as the comp springs go, my shop has a big industrial trash can filled with broken ones.....they were really popular a long time ago cause they were cheap, but they are crap. The dual springs hold up a lot better.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Is it really necessary to change out the springs when doing the rockers and what about the pushrods? Thanks
Are these the rockers for any LS1 engine or what specific engine?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just buy mine....$400 is a steal for everything u would need
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Pm sent

Quick Reply: Roller rockers?