LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Trifecta Tuned '09 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trifecta Tuned '09 Impala SS

Hi folks. While I finally registered on the site yesterday, I have been reading your threads daily trying to decide on where to start with my 09 Impala SS.

Last week, after listening to what seems like thousands of clips of exhaust systems, I removed the mufflers keeping the cat and res in place. The sound is great but, the first time I hit the hwy and DoD kicked in, I thought my head was going to explode from the 4 cyl drone. So, I spent a couple of days driving around in 3rd gear trying to decide what to do.

Well, after reading a heck of a lot of posts from you guys and the other Imp forums, I purchased a tune from Trifecta Performance and WOW, what a difference.

I had them disable DoD, remove the rev limiter, and modify the shift point to prevent OD from kicking in at low speeds.

I just want to say thank you to those of you that spend so much effort helping those of us out that haven't tinkered with these computer controlled engines too much. Last car I really played with was my '77 Bandit Trans Am.

Let's see ... what do I do next?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

intake
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome. i am glad to hear about how well your trifecta tune came out. i am thinking of getting one from them in the next month or so.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

CAI, then lower it.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 09IMPSS
Hi folks. While I finally registered on the site yesterday, I have been reading your threads daily trying to decide on where to start with my 09 Impala SS.

Last week, after listening to what seems like thousands of clips of exhaust systems, I removed the mufflers keeping the cat and res in place. The sound is great but, the first time I hit the hwy and DoD kicked in, I thought my head was going to explode from the 4 cyl drone. So, I spent a couple of days driving around in 3rd gear trying to decide what to do.

Well, after reading a heck of a lot of posts from you guys and the other Imp forums, I purchased a tune from Trifecta Performance and WOW, what a difference.

I had them disable DoD, remove the rev limiter, and modify the shift point to prevent OD from kicking in at low speeds.

I just want to say thank you to those of you that spend so much effort helping those of us out that haven't tinkered with these computer controlled engines too much. Last car I really played with was my '77 Bandit Trans Am.

Let's see ... what do I do next?
vince is the man.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome and let the modding begin!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the response guys. I am definately looking to lower the car. Which kit is recommended? H&R or Eibach? Also found a Coil Spring Compressor which might be a cool way to see if there are any issues for only $45.

CAI is also on the list as well as a good alarm system that retains the remote start.

I went ahead and did the motor mount flip a few minutes ago. I love mods that don't cost anything. Only took about 20 minutes. Would have been faster if I could have located my second 15mm socket sooner. LOL.

Quick Reply: Trifecta Tuned '09 Impala SS