LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tuning Help

Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning Help

On June 13th my car suffered a over-rev which caused irreversible damage to my engine. I have purchased a longblock, had the TC looked at and the transmission looked at. We are at the point of reassembling everything and putting it back into the car. The engine is going back into the car in its stock form. The tune from the dyno turner was not yet finished and it is based on the mods being in the engine. Can anybody help me find a stock tune? I do have a predator hand held.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

+1 for help, great guy here everyone!

Id help you but, I would just cause more damage
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry to hear this happened
Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 707chance
Can anybody help me find a stock tune? I do have a predator hand held.
I've got a ton of 'em... BUT - you can't use a stock tune from someone else's vehicle... the tune files are VIN locked/married to the vehicle they came out of.... so you wouldn't be able to load it anyway....

best bet is to take your ecm and have the dealer flash it back to stock...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

did you get a diablo CMR tune, or did your tuner use hp tuners?? is your predator unlocked/reset?? if you did not restore original backup to your car before the guy tuned it with something else, you can still have the original backup from the predator forced back into your ecm as long as they didn't lock it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default tuning help

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
did you get a diablo CMR tune, or did your tuner use hp tuners?? is your predator unlocked/reset?? if you did not restore original backup to your car before the guy tuned it with something else, you can still have the original backup from the predator forced back into your ecm as long as they didn't lock it...
I purchased the hand held about 2 years ago. Put the 93oct non DOD tune on it. Right before giving my car to the performance shop. I removed the 93oct non DOD tune and reinstalled the stock tune. During the fourth dyno-run it suffered its over rev. I was informed, by the turner, that the tune was 95% done and all it needed was some street tuning. The tuner used hp tuners. Any suggestions?
thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

nope... you're sunk... can't use the predator for the original backup...

he should have a copy of your original stock tune file tho with hp tuners... he can flash that thing back to stock easily...

Search this Thread