LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Interesting government motors news.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting government motors news.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77I0Z820110819
Old 08-19-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. they should have to fix them and who cares if they were bankrupt. they are still GM cars.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its statements and ignorances like that were and will be the downfall of general motors
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

the beginning of the next bankruptcy, this is not how you restore faith in your product
Old 08-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by higsy
Its statements and ignorances like that were and will be the downfall of general motors
are you referring to this?:
Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. they should have to fix them and who cares if they were bankrupt. they are still GM cars.
I just went through bankruptcy (albeit a different type of bankruptcy than big corporations do) so I know a bit about about it. Filing for bankruptcy discharges you from specific debts that you outline in the bankruptcy. Notices are sent to these specific lenders that they cannot legally collect from you. If you by chance forget to include one of the lenders in the bankruptcy and they are not sent a notice, they can still collect from you. Considering this is not a debt, it is a claim, and the claim comes after the bankruptcy and was not a part of the bankruptcy proceedings, they (in my opinion/limited knowledge) should not be protected from having to pay up. Hiding behind the new title of "new GM" and claiming that they are not responsible for anything that "old GM" did or didn't do, is as xxtheshockerxx said, bullshit. When I filed for bankruptcy, I didn't become "new Charles". If, for example, at some point in the future I am found to have comitted a hit-and-run of a pedestrian at some point prior to my bankruptcy, I would not be exempt from being sued for that.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Launching!

I was referring to the statement by GM. Turns my stomach, I loved this company but I gotta say we are looking for a new sierra and can't believe the prices. Seem much higher than ford in my area. Haven't done a complete comparison option for option but list prices seem way higher. There always seems to be something to complain about with GM
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Wow thats really shady
Old 08-21-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the way I'd see it is.. if you're no longer on the hook for the contract I signed.. that is.. warranty.. then I'm no longer on the hook for the one I signed.. that is.. financing.

especially if I financed through GMAC (and it was GMAC at the time..)

don't they still make these things? How can they refuse to honor warranty on a car they still make?