LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

BMR or UMI

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default BMR or UMI

Which is better ?They both offer trailing arms for our w-body,but one is cheaper then the other by almost $20.Any help would be appricated thanks fellas
Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buy UMI stuff.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
I buy UMI stuff.
Thank you

We both make a nice product and either choice would be great for you. A few differences between the two are we TIG weld all our control arms and they MIG weld theirs. The TIG weld offers a much cleaner and smoother look. Also you will find the UMI powder coat to be glossier and we offer black while they offer a black hammertone.

We do have other W-Body items in the works now and should have them out before the end of the year.

I hope this helps!
Ryan
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

I think the BMR arms have fitment problems, not sure about the UMI. If you look at the sticky up top he had to slot the mounting holes and use a spacer on the bar to make it fit even with wheel spacers on. Can't speak on the UMI though, however.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thank you

We both make a nice product and either choice would be great for you. A few differences between the two are we TIG weld all our control arms and they MIG weld theirs. The TIG weld offers a much cleaner and smoother look. Also you will find the UMI powder coat to be glossier and we offer black while they offer a black hammertone.

We do have other W-Body items in the works now and should have them out before the end of the year.

I hope this helps!
Ryan
Thanks that does help out,only problem is there a fitment issue like BMR?Can we have a sneek peak of what's coming out,maybe a group buy or pkg deal.
thanks
Dom
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
I think the BMR arms have fitment problems, not sure about the UMI. If you look at the sticky up top he had to slot the mounting holes and use a spacer on the bar to make it fit even with wheel spacers on. Can't speak on the UMI though, however.
Yeah I've gone over the sticky a few time,just getting some opinions before I purchase either product. The price does help out though
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Thanks that does help out,only problem is there a fitment issue like BMR?Can we have a sneek peak of what's coming out,maybe a group buy or pkg deal.
thanks
Dom
Hello Dom,

The issue I have ever seen with other companies (not UMI) is they use larger diameter tubing and the tires rub... is this the fitment issue?

We use smaller diameter tubing on ours, it is 1.250" OD with a 0.120" wall and we have no fitment or tire rubbing issues. If tires rub stock then they will rub.

Right now we are working on the rear lateral arms front and rear ones. Hopefully some other stuff if they do well.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just started getting into suspension and went with UMI. They truly stand behind their products- some member bought his car and it had UMI (older style) a arms and a part of them broke and UMI gave him a replacement piece free of charge! Keep in mind the guy hadn't even bought anything from them previously. What a company! They have my business.

Not sure if BMR does the same thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello Dom,

The issue I have ever seen with other companies (not UMI) is they use larger diameter tubing and the tires rub... is this the fitment issue?

We use smaller diameter tubing on ours, it is 1.250" OD with a 0.120" wall and we have no fitment or tire rubbing issues. If tires rub stock then they will rub.

Right now we are working on the rear lateral arms front and rear ones. Hopefully some other stuff if they do well.

Thanks!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan,
Thats the issue that I was worried about,looks like I will be purchasing the trailing arms soon.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I just bought myself my own bday gift,went ahead and got the UMI trailing arms.Price was good($130.59) with the 15%off till 11:59 tonight.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Well I just bought myself my own bday gift,went ahead and got the UMI trailing arms.Price was good($130.59) with the 15%off till 11:59 tonight.
good deal
Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Dom, PLEASE PLEASE let us know how these work. I've been wanting to get with UMI for a while now about making some stuff for us, but cash flow has been going towards other things. It's good to know they haven't forgot about us!!

I'm pretty sure we could get a group buy together on some parts. Hell look what we did with the DT headers!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Dom, PLEASE PLEASE let us know how these work. I've been wanting to get with UMI for a while now about making some stuff for us, but cash flow has been going towards other things. It's good to know they haven't forgot about us!!

I'm pretty sure we could get a group buy together on some parts. Hell look what we did with the DT headers!
Yeah yeah no doubt, I picked Fed-Ex ground so its should be here by next wk.I too been wanting to upgrade my trailing arms since my accident (think there bent),so on to my next item the addco rear sway bar and Moog sway bar endlinks.

Quick Reply: BMR or UMI