LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Fall Plans.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fall Plans.

Good evening LS4'ers, I will be throwing some money at the old GXP in about a month and wanted to share with you all what I have planned to purchase so you could comment, send me links, and maybe your reviews on parts. So here is my list.

1. New All Season tires with alignment and camber bolts.
2. Brakemotive rotors and pads (if there is any left)
3. Oil & Filter
4. Tranny fluid & Filter
5. Shift Kit (trans go)

This is my list so far, mostly need links, opinions, and help on the shift kit and HID selection. Thanks in advance - Levi

Last edited by 94ss06gxp; 09-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

An alignment might be a good idea.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Uggh, DDM, don't waste your money on them. The fisrt set I bought for my car I had great service, got the kits within a week and from Cali, had a bad ballast a few months later and it was replaced pretty quickly, within a few weeks. I bout a kit for my moms car this year, and the service was horrible, it cake straight from china, took over a month, then within weeks I had a bad ballast, and that took about 8 weeks to get replaced. Horrible, don't go with them. I will never buy anything from them again, nor recommend them to anyone. They used to be awesome, they suck now though. I have heard the same thing from others also.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

I am a fan of the transgo shift kit. It is just new spacers and accumulator springs that you replace within the accumulator housing, but the difference is noticeable and immediate.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait on the brakes for now.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
I am a fan of the transgo shift kit. It is just new spacers and accumulator springs that you replace within the accumulator housing, but the difference is noticeable and immediate.
x2...i recently put the transgo shift kit in my car and i really like the results.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by neilownz
An alignment might be a good idea.
added.
Originally Posted by JWMayes
Uggh, DDM, don't waste your money on them. The fisrt set I bought for my car I had great service, got the kits within a week and from Cali, had a bad ballast a few months later and it was replaced pretty quickly, within a few weeks. I bout a kit for my moms car this year, and the service was horrible, it cake straight from china, took over a month, then within weeks I had a bad ballast, and that took about 8 weeks to get replaced. Horrible, don't go with them. I will never buy anything from them again, nor recommend them to anyone. They used to be awesome, they suck now though. I have heard the same thing from others also.
ok well I am gonna scratch the HID idea then, unless there are some other budget HID's on the market.
transgo it is.
Originally Posted by GXP25
Wait on the brakes for now.
my front rotors are warped all to hell.
Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
x2...i recently put the transgo shift kit in my car and i really like the results.
I just want nice fast firm snappy shifts, not neck snapping. so this should fit the bill.

Also I was thinking about doing the trans cooler also when i do my fluid/filter change, should I do it now or wait till spring?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

They're not HID's but Advance is having a sale on some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra lights. They're xenon-charged halogen lights, the bulb is tinted blue, and they're pretty damn bright to boot. $50 a pair and a lot better than regular halogens. I think they look good in my car. If you're interested I'll take some pics of 'em when it gets dark here later
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
added.

ok well I am gonna scratch the HID idea then, unless there are some other budget HID's on the market.

transgo it is.

my front rotors are warped all to hell.

I just want nice fast firm snappy shifts, not neck snapping. so this should fit the bill.

Also I was thinking about doing the trans cooler also when i do my fluid/filter change, should I do it now or wait till spring?
I've got a[n] [upgrade] kit in the works so please be a little more patient.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

I would wait to put the trans cooler in when you already have the pan dropped. The fluid isn't cheap so if you knock them out together, you should save some ca$h.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gxpintn
They're not HID's but Advance is having a sale on some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra lights. They're xenon-charged halogen lights, the bulb is tinted blue, and they're pretty damn bright to boot. $50 a pair and a lot better than regular halogens. I think they look good in my car. If you're interested I'll take some pics of 'em when it gets dark here later
yeah pics would be awesome, also does anyone run a yellow ish fog light? I know back when Nacho had his monte he had some yellow fogs.
Originally Posted by GXP25
I've got a[n] [upgrade] kit in the works so please be a little more patient.
my middle name is the opposite of patience lol, ok man i'll take your word for it.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea I am running the same fogs as nacho did and I like them. I would say that DDM has terrible service been waiting for new ballasts for a few weeks now but I don't drive the car right now so to me its no big deal
Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp

Transgo will probably be the best option for you then. the shifts are quick and firm nothing to harsh.

i have a trans cooler waiting to go in i figured i would wait til spring also
Old 09-18-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

I would wait to put the trans cooler in when you already have the pan dropped. The fluid isn't cheap so if you knock them out together, you should save some ca$h.
yeah thats what i was thinking also.
Originally Posted by Hawkins04
yea I am running the same fogs as nacho did and I like them. I would say that DDM has terrible service been waiting for new ballasts for a few weeks now but I don't drive the car right now so to me its no big deal
yeah, so your fogs are HID's?
Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
Transgo will probably be the best option for you then. the shifts are quick and firm nothing to harsh.

i have a trans cooler waiting to go in i figured i would wait til spring also
yeah, my trans setting are tweaked in my tune but the shifts still arent where i want the to be.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea lows and fogs are hid's from ddm good lights but as said above terrible service
Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Not the best pics but you get the idea. They look super white in these pictures but they have a slight blue tint to them. I can tell you for comparison, I only bought a set of low beams first to try them out before I committed to buying the highs as well... the Silverstar low beams were as bright as my factory high beam halogens anyway without further ado...

low beams

lows up close

high beams

highs up close

I wanted brighter lights but didn't want the hassle of fooling with ballasts or killing my lenses... HIDs put off a *lot* of uv rays which will rot your plastic lenses in no time, unless you buy aftermarket lenses with a uv coating on them. Best $100 I ever spent (thus far )
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Just buy HIDs....For 2 the silverstars are like 50 bucks...They burn out pretty quick and get dull fast..Heck, they even advertise on the back that they will not last long...I had 2 sets in my 01 Monte before I understood how HIDs worked (I thought u had to cut apart the harness and all this other crap). I have had no problems with my DDM Ballasts or bulbs, I have 3 sets of bulbs and 2 sets of ballasts, no problems.

Anyways, plans for Fall are.......Hope it doesn't blow up. lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

I never saw such a warning.... However I'll keep an eye on them all the same
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Not really a warning, on the ones I got they showed a comparison towards regular bulbs and showed I think it was how many hours they should last...it wasnt very long lol
Old 09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

i thought i read somthin about not doing a shift kit and a trans tune? do one or the other?