LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2003-2004 Toyota Avalon

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003-2004 Toyota Avalon

Does anybody have any personal experience with these cars? As much as it pains me to say this, it looks like I may have to get rid of my GXP in favor of something with a smaller monthly payment. Still not sure if I'm going to go with a sedan or a mid-size SUV yet, but based on the research I've conducted, the Avalon seems like the best possible sedan choice. The passenger room, cargo space, and convenience/safety features are at least equal to or better than the GXP, so it would appear that the only things I would really be giving up are the high performance features.

The models I've found in my price range have between 120,000 and 170,000 miles on them.

It will be hard to give up my "cool" car, but having the extra money in my pocket to take care of my family is much more important at this point. And hopefully in a few years, when my son is old enough to truly appreciate it and help with it, I can pick up a classic to restore as a father and son project.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i detail cars for a toyota dealership. avalons are great cars and i have see them with 300000 miles on the in perfect running order.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My family(mom) has a 2000 Avalon, same body style as the 03-04. So look at any 2000-04 models. Hers has 205k on it, runs like a new car. Recently she had to dump a lot of $$$ into it, new a/c compressor, radiator, tires, timing belt, and something else I'm forgetting. Was like $2000+

Anyways they are great highway cruisers, very quiet, ACRES of space, cushy ride, huge trunk. Good gas mileage as well, 30mpg is doable on the highway. Up until it hit 200k, hers had been rock solid reliable. I think she's going to sell it soon, but it would make a good reliable car for the next person since everything that's going to break has already been replaced(it has a newer alternator and cat converter).

The car has held up very well, interior looks brand new, still rides great on the original struts, doesn't squeak or rattle, paint still looks nice, runs great, drives tight, etc
Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely not going older than 2003 though because I want to make sure it has the LATCH system for the baby seat. The lower anchors and top tether make installing the car seat and making sure it stays secured so much easier than messing around with seatbelts.

Quick Reply: 2003-2004 Toyota Avalon