LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Poly mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly mounts

Horse is dead I'm sure, just need some recommendations for poly mounts. Went to the stealership today and found the front one to be demolished. Which explains the vibration and clunk sound slowing down and taking off.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=0

those are the ones i have
Old 10-01-2011, 06:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes sir thats the ones
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

that's just the upper mount though...

think the OP is talking about the regular, bottom engine/tranny mounts...

and from what I was able to find around online, there's a poly tranny mount that is available, but no one makes poly engine mounts for the bottom... have to just replace with new stockers...

think I need new ones for my car as well...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
that's just the upper mount though...

think the OP is talking about the regular, bottom engine/tranny mounts...

and from what I was able to find around online, there's a poly tranny mount that is available, but no one makes poly engine mounts for the bottom... have to just replace with new stockers...

think I need new ones for my car as well...
Yes sir Lew you are correct, should of mentioned that. Good news is the stealership is covering the replacement so it's all good. The mount is completely broken, not worn etc, it's literally discontinuous according to the dealership. I'm a little worried because the clunking sound has been there for a while now and a few weeks back I noticed fluid dripping from the trans pan which is what got my attention. Anyone know how much movement and what parts are likely to suffer, I'm guessing the transaxle has seen a fair amount of vibration..they are willing to examine the transmission and other components, not really sure if they will warranty those if found bad too. Sucks because the trans only has 10k miles on it.

EDIT: They are only replacing the broken one, probably going to swap the top for a poly just because.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
it's literally discontinuous according to the dealership.

This is what mine looked like when I took it out. My wife had been complaining about "clunking" for a few weeks before I had a chance to look at things and find the problem.

I drove it this morning and it still made a little noise when accelerating. I am thinking about replacing the top motor mount to see if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Poly mounts-frontmotormount-small.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM

Will the mounts from zzp work on our cars
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Is there an better than stock aftermarket version yet of this mount or do i have to back to the dealership since they are cheaper than autozone/ oreallies
Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zzp has the poly trans mount that will work and the top poly mount but the other mounts you will have to get the stockers
Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same clunking noise. How hard is this front mount to replace? Just thinking about doing it now if its easy. or waiting for warmer weather.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badata
I have the same clunking noise. How hard is this front mount to replace? Just thinking about doing it now if its easy. or waiting for warmer weather.
I had access to a lift which helped. I attached the repair procedure. We did not remove the exhaust manifolds, but you'll need a very long extension and a swivel-socket or u-joint to get to the two bolts on the top of the mount.

We also didn't have GM engine support stand, and these engines do not have pre-attached lift points. So we VERY carefully used jack stands and some wood blocks on the oil pan while slowly lowering the lift. This gave us enough room to get the mount in and out.

If you can get under the car and remove the giant plastic splash guard take a look to see if the mount is broken. It actually wasn't obvious at first. Without being able to lift the engine a little we missed it the 1st time. Get close with a flashlight and a pry bar. I attached a picture of it out of the car in another post on this thread. Definitely broken.
Attached Files
Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Launching!

If anyone has bought the 2 pack of upper poly mounts and wants to sell the otherI would be interested in a pay pal transaction for you to send to me